Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain how a young guy, son of a white mom, kid that lived in Hawaii, Moved to Indonesia and raised in a private Muslim school, raised later in his life by his white grandma, graduate of a big name college... how can he say "Painting himself as the beneficiary of the NAACP's work" ???

To quote him:

"Despite the racial progress exemplified by his own election, Obama said African-Americans must overcome a disproportionate share of struggles, including being more likely to suffer from many diseases and having a higher proportion of children end up in jail.

"These are some of the barriers of our time," Obama said. "They're very different from the barriers faced by earlier generations. They're very different from the ones faced when fire hoses and dogs were being turned on young marchers," Obama said. "But what's required to overcome today's barriers is the same as what was needed then. The same commitment. The same sense of urgency."

Can someone please help me understand how that having a higher likelyhood of diseases OR a higher likelyhood of ending up in jail has ANYTHING to do with discrimination???

Please enlighten me...

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
What does O know.....He just read someone else's thoughts off the Teleprompter.

·
1,512 Posts
What he failed to say was brought on by a generation of Liberals who enacted policies to keep this group as unwitting dependents in their quest for power.

[I said:
"Despite the racial progress exemplified by his own election, Obama said African-Americans must overcome a disproportionate share of struggles, including being more likely to suffer from many diseases and having a higher proportion of children end up in jail.[/I]

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts