Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The State of Arizona is proposing to discontinue the premium annual pass for all State Parks in Arizona, which means the $125.00 pass which many of us local boaters purchase for Windsor and Cattail parks will not be offered after March of 2010. :|err

Anyone who boats here in Havasu needs to be aware of this. Please check this out and either attend the meeting on October 5, or submit your opinion through this website. :(:(

Click here: Arizona State Parks: Proposed Fee Schedule 2010

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
The State of Arizona is proposing to discontinue the premium annual pass for all State Parks in Arizona, which means the $125.00 pass which many of us local boaters purchase for Windsor and Cattail parks will not be offered after March of 2010. :|err

Anyone who boats here in Havasu needs to be aware of this. Please check this out and either attend the meeting on October 5, or submit your opinion through this website. :(:(

Click here: Arizona State Parks: Proposed Fee Schedule 2010

No problem! I'll launch somewhere else, screw em!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I sent an e-mail stating my concerns about eliminating the annual pass. I would suggest everyone do the same many times over. If it does come to pass I will use the Marina and or site 6. Normal Government at work,,,dumasses.
A sticky on this thread would be nice otherwise I will keep bumping it.

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
I heard that the City is offering to buy or run Windsor to save the State some money, and probably make some for themselves.

Any truth to this?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and for those of you who'll launch elsewhere, just remember that Lake Havasu Marina has noise restrictions and oftentimes boat-length restrictions (depending on water levels).

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
The link allows comments, make the comments there, and pass it on to others, and to other forums. The comments have to be taken into account, if enough come it, the pass can be saved.

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Annual launch pass in Oklahoma is 30 bucks. :)

Hundreds more places to launch a boat also.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not only will site 6 be packed but can you imagine how long it will take to get over the bridge to launch in the morning and then get off the island at night after you put your boat back on the trailer.

I also wander what is going to happen with the new docks sitting at Windsor right now. I don't know if they have started any of the work yet but they were there when I was there about 6 weeks ago.

Ill tell you I would be will to pay for a pass that would only be good for the launch ramp that it is bought at.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I heard that the City is offering to buy or run Windsor to save the State some money, and probably make some for themselves.

Any truth to this?

That would probably be really good. Now if they could then develop it into a marina, all would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I also wander what is going to happen with the new docks sitting at Windsor right now. I don't know if they have started any of the work yet but they were there when I was there about 6 weeks ago.

Ill tell you I would be will to pay for a pass that would only be good for the launch ramp that it is bought at.

First they said they were going to start on the new docks in August, then they said Sept. The new docks are still sitting there, they will be overgrown with weeds before they start.
I do like the idea of an annual pass for the launch ramp where you buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
I was there yesterday AM. the revised sign now says that the docks will be done by Dec '09. I'm taking bets on this. Hell I started giving odds last year if they'de be done before Desert Storm. Revised it to what month they might be done in. Now I have to revise it to what year they might be done in. When they're not done at the end of this year, I'll start a line on if they ever get done at all.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
What a bunch of dumb asses ! They can't even install a couple of floating docks in a year. A one day job for a real contractor. Our Gubnment at it's best. Vote for another incumbent eh????

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts