Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fock it and empty the cooler.....:D

While running the shiat out of my turd I lost all power to everything and right before it happened it started to squeel like a stuck pig.

I was making the fastest passes ever with the boat and got some rad video, but I don't have it to post it. Boat was on kill and thats what it did, Died.
We tried to trouble shoot the electrical problem and with no luck i said Fock it and got my drink on. Everyone in camp was trying to help (thanks) And I got alittle frustrated with working on it so i said its time to drink....:)devil

It was the damn battery.......lol

Showed 12.42 volt with no load and wouldnt even kick the starter.
Pulled the battery out and load tested it. Again, 12.32 volts and straight to zero when i put the load to it. Sometimes we overlook the easy stuff and rule it out because we think it is in proper order.

Can't wait for the fourth now!!!!!

Oh, and yes, I did get towed by a flatty!!!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Glad to here that you found the problem. I was bummed that you couldnt make it make it down our way on sunday. Well catch up another time.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to here that you found the problem. I was bummed that you couldnt make it make it down our way on sunday. Well catch up another time.
I am glad too. Thought I might of hurt the engine.

I wanted to hook up with you guys. Maybe the 4th.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
Yep! Nice looking transom too! That will be the only time i see it...when im getting towed...:D
sorry but i would like to have that pick. sorry to hear about your issues tim atleast it's all fixed

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Been there done that. It pisses you off to the point where you just laugh.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ya its always the easy stuff. i went to the lake this last weekend was doing some work on the motor and left the oil line to drain the pan by the fly wheel. well started the motor and ran the boat when all of a suden was hauling the mail and the wife hit me and said is that normal looked down and had 5 qrts of oil in the bottom of the boat and the motor started ticking. shut it down and realized before even getting out of the seat what had happened i was relly pissed at my self for pulling a jack ass move but the wife said at least you didnt blow up the motor you would have been done for the season. she is right thank god for that some times lol.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Haha! good to hear that the batt. was your problem Tim, Still bumbed you couldn't make it our way for sunday!
I was towed on sunday as well, I guess my fuel consumption calculation was a bit off! Thanks for the lift back north Snewton! with the shitty wind all weekend, we still managed to squeak out a good time too!
Glad to hear everyone was safe and sane! well, all but Tim, I hear that you are definitely ringin that SWTD out!:D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
atleast u got towed, i had atleast 5 boats pass me last time out. they just looked the other way. and one guy almost roosted me with his jet

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
atleast u got towed, i had atleast 5 boats pass me last time out. they just looked the other way. and one guy almost roosted me with his jet
Thats why we boat with good people! especially when we head down river, nobody gets left behind!

·
Registered
200 Posts
empty the cooler

Fock it and empty the cooler.....:D

While running the shiat out of my turd I lost all power to everything and right before it happened it started to squeel like a stuck pig.

I was making the fastest passes ever with the boat and got some rad video, but I don't have it to post it. Boat was on kill and thats what it did, Died.
We tried to trouble shoot the electrical problem and with no luck i said Fock it and got my drink on. Everyone in camp was trying to help (thanks) And I got alittle frustrated with working on it so i said its time to drink....:)devil

It was the damn battery.......lol

Showed 12.42 volt with no load and wouldnt even kick the starter.
Pulled the battery out and load tested it. Again, 12.32 volts and straight to zero when i put the load to it. Sometimes we overlook the easy stuff and rule it out because we think it is in proper order.

Can't wait for the fourth now!!!!!

Oh, and yes, I did get towed by a flatty!!!

nice recovery futs !...started reading this and thought i was gonna hear your engine blew on you.

throw enough beer at it and it will make sense sooner or later!

·
Jet boat service
126 Posts
I'd rather be towed in by a flattie over being towed in by a jet ski.
Hey, I got you all beat... I was towed in on lake Sonoma , at the end of the day (a weekday) by the porta pottie maintenence barge. Had to give the guys a 6 pak of beer to do it. Twenty minutes of smellin like shot at 1 MPH. My wife was raggin the hole way in. Beat that!!!! Jim :)sphss :)sphss

·
Trick Flow 557
212 Posts
Yeah Timmy, Wayne said your boat was an absolute beast!! Good job bud. The 4th is gonna be one for the books!! Can't wait!! :)devil

1 - 20 of 62 Posts