Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This amazes me. I don't know squat about this woman's record on the bench outside of some sound bites. Yet when "Americans" are polled (Gallup), the LA Times says the majority approve of her confirmation. How can that be? Because she's a woman? Because she's not white? Because of some sound bites? Because she is??? Are Americans that superficial? What ever happened to "I don't know anything about this person so I haven't formed an opinion yet"

Americans need to wake up and pay a little attention to those who are taking control of their life. The justices on the Supreme Court certainly fit in that category.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Poll BS.......The majority of Americans can't spell or pronounce her name. The majority of Americans couldn't name the majority of SC Justices. The majority of Americans probably couldn't give an adequate definition of what he SC even does. And that same majority voted for Chairman O......

That's what I think of when I hear the term "Majority of Americans" mentioned by one of these asinine polls.....That and Ultra who quotes 'em. Chew on that Lurker:)hand

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Poll BS.......The majority of Americans can't spell or pronounce her name. The majority of Americans couldn't name the majority of SC Justices. The majority of Americans probably couldn't give an adequate definition of what he SC even does. And that same majority voted for Chairman O......

That's what I think of when I hear the term "Majority of Americans" mentioned by one of these asinine polls.....That and Ultra who quotes 'em. Chew on that Lurker:)hand
Yes the majority did vote for him. Revealing the fact that the majority refers to the dumb,stupid,ignorant,uninformed and delusional. Those that voted for him will have to decide what catagory they fit in. Wow! What a nice club to belong to. Where do I sign up? YEAHHHH RIGHHHHT.:)sphss

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

Can you believe this shit? 1,015 people contacted by phone. Of that, 54% are considered the "majority"? WTF? That's a whopping 563 people roughly. These polls are shit. 563 people are deemed "the majority":)sphss of Americans

Survey Methods

Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,015 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted May 29-31, 2009. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.
Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).
In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Can you believe this shit? 1,015 people contacted by phone. Of that, 54% are considered the "majority"? WTF? That's a whopping 563 people roughly. These polls are shit. 563 people are deemed "the majority":)sphss of Americans
Chances are the calls were placed during the day when the majority of real working Americans were busy eaning tax money leaving nothing but bottom feeding soap opera junkies on entitlement to answer......:|err

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

and the same people who voted for Bush twice and didn't know anything about clarence thomas beyond anita hill...

people didn't suddenly get stupid...they just aren't stupid and voting for us any more :)

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
and the same people who voted for Bush twice and didn't know anything about clarence thomas beyond anita hill...

people didn't suddenly get stupid...they just aren't stupid and voting for us any more :)
Anita was one of Marion Berry's coke head girls, they set up Clarence Thomas...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Anita was one of Marion Berry's coke head girls, they set up Clarence Thomas...
now go on the street and ask some one to tell you ANYTHING else about him.

People tend to be sheep...its fine when they are voting in our direction, but don't be surprised when the grass looks greener that they head to another pasture.

After a while they will get sick of this financial inanity and union gifting and provided the republican party isn't too onerous at the time...they will come back.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Yes the majority did vote for him. Revealing the fact that the majority refers to the dumb,stupid,ignorant,uninformed and delusional. Those that voted for him will have to decide what catagory they fit in. Wow! What a nice club to belong to. Where do I sign up? YEAHHHH RIGHHHHT.:)sphss

You are right, but how many voted more than once, were dead and voted any way, etc, etc.;)

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
now go on the street and ask some one to tell you ANYTHING else about him.

People tend to be sheep...its fine when they are voting in our direction, but don't be surprised when the grass looks greener that they head to another pasture.

After a while they will get sick of this financial inanity and union gifting and provided the republican party isn't too onerous at the time...they will come back.
I made up my comment, I thought it was equally as outlandish as what you were conjuring up about G.W.'s supporters...

We all know more about who Clarence Thomas WAS/IS than we do about Barry S. Thats because Clarence Thomas didn't have his history sealed AND didn't hide behind a bogus Leftist party............

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I made up my comment, I thought it was equally as outlandish as what you were conjuring up about G.W.'s supporters...

We all know more about who Clarence Thomas WAS/IS than we do about Barry S. Thats because Clarence Thomas didn't have his history sealed AND didn't hide behind a bogus Leftist party............
so when the sheep get tired of the deficit spending and wealth re-distribution and start voting republican again...they won't be sheep, but rather smart...right?

come on man, get your head out of that ill-conceived pony car of yours and inject some realism into your life.

Politics are ebbs and tides with the majority of people going with the flow as long as their lives aren't impacted and people on the extremes of both sides claiming the other side is ruining this country.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
so when the sheep get tired of the deficit spending and wealth re-distribution and start voting republican again...they won't be sheep, but rather smart...right?

Politics are ebbs and tides with the majority of people going with the flow as long as their lives aren't impacted and people on the extremes of both sides claiming the other side is ruining this country.
And next thing you're going to tell us is the bulk of Americans are apathetic to the govenment and spoiled to the point of being lemmings eagerly following the flow of goodies which will be procured with overextended credit......:))eek:));)

The problem is the current ebb is turning into a rushing ebb sweeping far out to sea before it stops.....:|err

1 - 14 of 14 Posts