Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
since youre resetting the intake anyways. you might as well set it back far enough to clear the handhole from the transom and get rid of that goofy transom cover. make sure to put a pump brace in too

·
Registered
601 Posts
you can build plates without setting back the pump,
i'm aware of that, but if youre removing the intake anyways you might as well put it back where you want it. its a lot easier making flat t/a plates than having to do the elaborate plate with a recess built in to uncover the hole. also gives him the availibility to move the engine back for more interior room. or if for some reason he ends up wanting a pop off some day he will not need to cut a hole in the transom

·
Registered
601 Posts
you dont want to do that on a cp. the clean out ends up part way out the back with a nice setback on a CP, not all the way like your used to seeing on our tunnels. to hang it all the way out you have to cut through the back of the boat and hang the intake a mile out the back. Bad idea.
whoops, my bad... see what happens when i pipe up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.