Performance Boats Forum banner
21 - 40 of 365 Posts

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
that looks sweet dan good luck. what was price on the first one / yellow, and where is it. cant wait to see you out in your new rig this summer,sweeeeeeeeet
Thanks Randy. The yellow one is in Sacramento. The seller started out with an asking price of $7700 less motor. I didn't even try to negotiate it. I figured even if I got him down to $7000 it would've still been more than I wanted to spend. Not that it wasn't worth it, just more than I wanted to spend. Rumor had it he wanted $10,000 with the motor.

This one needs some work and money, but I can do it as I can afford it and still have a pretty nice ride in the meantime. Also the satisfaction of doing much of it myself.

First things are the pump/intake situation. Then clean, sand and gelcoat the bilge, carpet, seats. I should still end up under $7000 when it's all said n done and it's gonna fit everyone being a 19. I checked out TX19's boat the other day and was amazed as to how much room those things have.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you can build plates without setting back the pump,
i'm aware of that, but if youre removing the intake anyways you might as well put it back where you want it. its a lot easier making flat t/a plates than having to do the elaborate plate with a recess built in to uncover the hole. also gives him the availibility to move the engine back for more interior room. or if for some reason he ends up wanting a pop off some day he will not need to cut a hole in the transom

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
gullwing

that boat is a 19ft boat and it is not real light, it make a good ski boat, i had to help lift it to put bunks on the trailer, it belonged to my first driver of my race boat, the same guy painted it that painted my boat, Jimmie alevaris, i built the original 468 that was in it, that motor ran 108 in my boat at castaic, we ran his ski motor till my motor was done, because the boat was being painted, a it's a good deal !!!!

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
by the way, nice boat. looks like you got a good foundation to start with. the jetaway alone makes the deal worth it. is that original gel coat?
Thanks. Yeah the jetaway was definitely a big bonus. Also like the nice boxed in trailer.

I believe the white part (lower) is gelcoat and the blues and other candies are paint. Could be wrong.......it might all be paint. Looks like Jim might know. It's got a blem or two on it. I can live with that though.

that boat is a 19ft boat and it is not real light, it make a good ski boat, i had to help lift it to put bunks on the trailer, it belonged to my first driver of my race boat, the same guy painted it that painted my boat, Jimmie alevaris, i built the original 468 that was in it, that motor ran 108 in my boat at castaic, we ran his ski motor till my motor was done, because the boat was being painted, a it's a good deal !!!!
Thanks for chiming in Jim. More history..........gotta love it! I'm glad it's not real light. That's a big reason why I didn't go with the first boat I was looking at. If the 468 ran 108 in your boat, what did it run in this one?

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
gull wing

after it was painted we put the motor in. he didn't want to spend any more money on it as he was getting married, wouldn't do pump or rideplate or even a place diverter, i took it out and couldn't even stay in it, the faster i went it started to burry the nose , i think next trip he went by himself and put a wedge in it , his wife said it was to fast didn't like it sold it fast, the motor wasn't suppose to go with it we were putting a ski motor together for it but someone wanted it like it was, the bottom is original gel coat i believe the deck was white with med. blue metalflake. i ended up buying the ski motor and that ran 89 mph in my crusauder tunnel at bakersfield, I was thinking about this boat myself, goodluck and have fun.!!!

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
Congrats Dan. You've defintely put your years in with squirtcha? and now you're steping up. That's great!!
Have fun with the new toy.:D

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
According to the seller they took the boat in to Tom Papp to see if it could be fixed thinking it might
have a hook or something. I guess Tom took some measurements and discovered that it had a very
small amount of hook (negligible), but that the intake wasn't set right (it's crooked). Here's where it
gets a little cloudy. I'm not sure if it's off left to right, up and down or what. Anyway that's where it
got left at. I guess they decided not to mess with it and so she sits.[/QUOTE]

Squirtcha its off left to right and the reason it sat is because he had a kid shortly after then moved to tennesee and never had time so he had it brought back to Chris and Beckys house to sell it for him. Good luck and enjoy its definatly gonna be a cool ride for ya.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
way too go Dan. if you need anything or some help just let me know. you should have a handle on it, but if i can be of any help let me know. sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Thanks for calling me back......................SUCKA:D:D:D

396<-----planning a drive by at Randys house:D:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
getting excited yet:)plateJump
That's an understatement. Chomping at the bit to get started on it.

Squirtcha its off left to right and the reason it sat is because he had a kid shortly after then moved to tennesee and never had time so he had it brought back to Chris and Beckys house to sell it for him. Good luck and enjoy its definatly gonna be a cool ride for ya.
Thanks for filling in the blanks. The more information the better. I appreciate that. Chris seems like a nice guy judging from our phone calls.

It's cool that both you and Jim Brock know the boat.

way too go Dan. if you need anything or some help just let me know. you should have a handle on it, but if i can be of any help let me know.
Don't you have enough projects going on???????? :D

Congrats Dan. You've defintely put your years in with squirtcha? and now you're steping up. That's great!!
Have fun with the new toy.:D
Thanks Scott. It's about time I move on don't ya think? Tough to part with a boat I've had for 10 years. Lots of great memories. If I had room for two I'd keep it.

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
WOW!!! I didnt see the pics last nite because they wouldnt load for me. That is a smoking deal. Dan, you will be happy with that boat. I love the paint/get whatever it is. That is a similar deal that I got from busby. I just wish my gel looked like that. I love the colors!!!!!! Looks like damn near everyone in "Da Eastside Crew and Da Westside Crew" is stepping up this yeear:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Three things really. Being an 18 it had less room in it. Norm Evans (Moose) was cool enough to run by and check the boat for me (sorry to have wasted your time Norm). He gave it a clean bill of health and the seller was someone he knew. Very nice guy and a straight shooter. The seller was very honest with me on the phone and told me straight up that the boat was too light for a family type ride and from Norm's description he was right. By the sounds of it it's more like a 400 lb layup possibly even less than that.

Once again Norm. I know I thanked you half a dozen times for doing that for me, but I'm really grateful. A true hotboat brother.

Combination of things then................too small, too light, too far away, and a little higher than my budget would allow.
Good luck on the new Gullwing Dan, I'm glad I could help you out.

If anyone is interested in the yellow gullwing and wants a fast and light hull it really is a very clean boat with alot of potential to run fast

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Congrat's Dan and have a safe trip.ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

JimS
Yupper. I'll be smiling all the way to Cali.

WOW!!! I didnt see the pics last nite because they wouldnt load for me. That is a smoking deal. Dan, you will be happy with that boat. I love the paint/get whatever it is. That is a similar deal that I got from busby. I just wish my gel looked like that. I love the colors!!!!!! Looks like damn near everyone in "Da Eastside Crew and Da Westside Crew" is stepping up this yeear:)
Ya know it's funny you should say that. I saw the picture on dragboats.com and thought ah what the hell, maybe it's not so bad. When I asked him for more pictures and he sent the rest of them, it was like DING DING DING we have a winner!

They always seem to look better in pictures than in person, but I'm sure I'll be fine with it.

Good luck on the new Gullwing Dan, I'm glad I could help you out.

If anyone is interested in the yellow gullwing and wants a fast and light hull it really is a very clean boat with alot of potential to run fast
Thank you Norm. I agree with the yellow boat. If I could've afforded to keep my Kachina for the times the whole family went, then get that one for just me n my honey, I'da probably gone for it.

21 - 40 of 365 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.