Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyones experience with putting a droop snoot on your Berkeley pump on a 18' Southwind? I found a droop for a decent price and am wondering if it helps this setup. Please keep in mind this is going on a project boat for my daughter and I haven't even gotten it wet yet. Trying to plan ahead.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
should work good with stock power. You will need a split bowl for it. Most came with a jc pump..the best thing for it would be a place diverter.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
should work good with stock power. You will need a split bowl for it. Most came with a jc pump..the best thing for it would be a place diverter.
The suction housing is a stock jc but the bowl is a jg. Have no idea what it's going to do but thought I may pick up this droop if there is a chance it will help the performance of the boat. If it is a waste of time I won't get it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I went ahead and got the droop - so you think I should just go ahead and put it on right out of the gate. The boat does just have a stock 454 (468) so not much power. Do I need to be thinking about a wedge or just bolt it on and go? I would imagine down the road we will also put a diverter on it for her but right now we just want to get it in the water. Thoughts?

·
Registered
136 Posts
bolt it on and go. See how the boat reacts. Your going to need to tune it sooner or later.
X2

I did the same with My 18ft Kachina before I had a place diverter. Ended up adding like a 2 or 4 degree wedge down just so it wouldnt porpoise at low speed. Still had a little porpoise sometimes but i would just go faster to make it stop. Gained around 3 or 4mph with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts