Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Bill Morgan up in frisco area. He will lay them up, but a minimum of 3 has to be met before he would even think about it.

Bummer. He wants about 10k for a hull

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Tim you know as well as I, that 10 K is a deal for a blank hull, considering all the repairs and refurbishment we did on our boats. ;)

·
I'm No Expert
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Always have loved those hulls, doesnt seam like there are too many of them around. I know one day i'm going to have to choose a hull... I love the TPR 19, love the placecraft hull, and love the southwind dragster... Decisions, decisions... I'm sure by the time i am actually going to get a new hull there will be a few more to add to my list. :D

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
If you were going to go with a new hull, I would go with someone who has built a hull in the last 20 years. SWTD would not be on my list of new hulls tobuy and I own one. My short list in order would be Socal TPR 19, Socal Daytona, Placecraft tunnel, Socal gullwing, Wicked gullwing. I like to put my money where there have been recent develpoments and where there is a lot of knowledge about their hulls and the performance of them. Also having a crew that has been laying up hulls for them in the last decade and seeing a quality product.

Cy

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Shaun, you will do real well in a new hull, you seem to work hard and are dedicated to your projects. Before you pull the trigger talk to Tom Peterson about getting into one of his Placecrafts, I think that might be a better direction to go rather than a SWTD. Dont get me wrong I love SWTD's in fact my Dad has one and I love it but the PC might be a better boat for what you want to do. Thats just my opinion anyways. If you wanted to see one in person just let me know and you can see the one at my shop. The workmanship in his boats is second to none and they are very light if you wanted that. I think they could make a 350 pounder with balsa floors without even trying and thats not vac. bagged or using any high dollar composites.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Shaun, you will do real well in a new hull, you seem to work hard and are dedicated to your projects. Before you pull the trigger talk to Tom Peterson about getting into one of his Placecrafts, I think that might be a better direction to go rather than a SWTD. Dont get me wrong I love SWTD's in fact my Dad has one and I love it but the PC might be a better boat for what you want to do. Thats just my opinion anyways. If you wanted to see one in person just let me know and you can see the one at my shop. The workmanship in his boats is second to none and they are very light if you wanted that. I think they could make a 350 pounder with balsa floors without even trying and thats not vac. bagged or using any high dollar composites.

Chris.
X2 what Chris said
I went and checked out Jordans new ride saturday and it is a very nice peice. I also agree with moneysucker, go with someone who is making boats right now and has a reputation and will stand behind there work. The SWTD is my bloodline and I will always love them, but if i stepped up and wanted a new hull it would be a P/C or a socal TPR for sure or even a cheyene from back east. Joe Morgans boat is just plain SICK as well

·
I'm No Expert
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Tom Papp Memorial was the first time i've seen a placecraft tunnel hull in a long time. I forgot how much i like the way those hulls look, then i saw fuelinmyviens new hull and that thing is just sick! I've always loved the southwind look too, my boat basically being a knock off of a southwind...

My goal is to try to get what i have as fast as i can but it be safe, it sounds like i'm getting to those limits..

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
The Tom Papp Memorial was the first time i've seen a placecraft tunnel hull in a long time. I forgot how much i like the way those hulls look, then i saw fuelinmyviens new hull and that thing is just sick! I've always loved the southwind look too, my boat basically being a knock off of a southwind...

My goal is to try to get what i have as fast as i can but it be safe, it sounds like i'm getting to those limits..
Hey Shaun. A basic Place Craft sells for around the same price as the SWTD and he doesn't require a 3 hull minimum to lay them up. I know how you feel about going as quick as you can w/ your current project but if your not careful a V-bottom can bite ya. I had more close calls in mine than I care to think about. Like Chris said if you want to come by and check it out you are more than welcome to.

BTW I heard you were running well at the Papp deal and made more passes than anyone so congrats on that.

·
I'm No Expert
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had more close calls in mine than I care to think about.
Luckily i havnt had any of those yet, so far the boat has stayed straight. I've had it chime (sp?) on me a few times at the end of a run when getting into some not so smooth water. Sounds like thats probably only going to get worse. Saftey is important to me, i've got alittle guy to think about!

BTW I heard you were running well at the Papp deal and made more passes than anyone so congrats on that.
Thanks! dont know if i made the most passes, but i was down to run whoever, just cant get enough of it :)devil

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
swtd

Luckily i havnt had any of those yet, so far the boat has stayed straight. I've had it chime (sp?) on me a few times at the end of a run when getting into some not so smooth water. Sounds like thats probably only going to get worse. Saftey is important to me, i've got alittle guy to think about!

Thanks! dont know if i made the most passes, but i was down to run whoever, just cant get enough of it :)devil
Still working bugs outta mine with carb issues but if you want to meet at elsinore sometime let me know in advance and you can try it out.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Call Conquest Boats in Havasu and talk to Scott. He just built a Crusader Tunnel Hull on a trailer that he wants $7000 for. Its really nice.

That is a smoking deal for a new hull on a trailer. Crusaders ae good hulls. Of course if you wanted to go with a used hull, there is always the one on san diego craigs list complete for $5000. I was thinking about buying it but I really can't drive 3 boats a once.

Cy

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
That is a smoking deal for a new hull on a trailer. Crusaders ae good hulls. Of course if you wanted to go with a used hull, there is always the one on san diego craigs list complete for $5000. I was thinking about buying it but I really can't drive 3 boats a once.

Cy

Baller !!! :D:D

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts

Chris.
x3 on what Chris said

1 - 20 of 36 Posts