Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Were a week away from the First annual Southwind regatta. Super excited to see everybody!:))THumbsUp:thumb::D

I've got Multiple P.Ms about gas, launch, where the sandbar is ect... So ill throw this out there in a new thread.

ALL ARE WELCOME

We should have over 100 boats coming out. Yes the river rockets deal is the same day at Pirates cove.
the event is on the 21st

***Hotels***
There are Hotels in town( google hotels in blythe)
Here are a few
Roadway Inn 760-922-3334
Quality Inn 760-921-2300
Comfort suites 760-921-2626

***Race Gas& Av gas***
Parker Oil in Blythe
391 S Main St, Blythe, CA 92225
(760) 922-7600

Desert Air Service/Blythe Airport
760-992-6125
17240 W Hobson Way, Blythe, CA 9222

The Launch at McIntyre will be 5$ on Saturday. Its normally 10$. *** They don't Have Beer at the store there. Get it in town at albertsons***
They Have 91 octane gas

The sandbar is 3 miles north of Mcintyre on the left hand side, right before goose flats. If you don't know the river above that sand bar, i would suggest launching at mcintyre. The sandbars get a bit big and hard to navigate if you dont know them.

The cops are fine with loud headers and performance boats, If you do something stupid or out of line they will be on you.

Awards for best 18, Formula 1 T-deck, 19 Tunnel, 20 Cruiser, best in show and longest haul will be given out.
Cool stuff from b1 racing, socaljetboats, Robinson racing, Mcintyre mob and Mcintyre snob will be given out with the awards.
These will be given out @ 3PM

McIntyre snob is giving a 50$ gas card to the longest haul winner.
McIntyre mob has something for the worst Gel on the water ( its just for fun)

T-Shirts will be sold on saturday for 15 $$ starting @ 10 Am

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
lol, this made me chuckle...........There will be off duty cops and firemen to keep things in check if they get out of hand
The cops are fine with loud headers and performance boats, If you do something stupid or out of line they will be on you.

Not much they can really do other than yell at you like everyone else.....hahaha

Self regulate people. Don't do stupid shit!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
And what do the off duty firemen do to keep things in check? Play with their hoses?? :D (sorry, had to do it)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The sand bar ur calling drop off is on the left bank same side as goose right jake? The right Side is rocks​

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sand bar ur calling drop off is on the left bank same side as goose right jake? The right Side is rocks​
Lies! Man iam batting 1000 on this deal. I fixed it. Being dyslexic does not help at all but that is no excuse. Lol:mad:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Just use the K.I.S.S method Jake. People if you launch from Macintyre, when you pull out on the river turn LEFT and go UP RIVER till you see a bunch of boats on a sand bar and hang out with them. Pretty good chance this will be the Regatta. :party1:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just use the K.I.S.S method Jake. People if you launch from Macintyre, when you pull out on the river turn LEFT and go UP RIVER till you see a bunch of boats on a sand bar and hang out with them. Pretty good chance this will be the Regatta. :party1:

And if its not worste case you'll make a few new friends :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I get off work at noon, would be a 3 hour haul ass to Mac from el cajon. But then again I don't have time to get my boat together. Have fun everyone.

·
Retired Air Force
940 Posts
What about the water level of the river? Is there a time of day/morning that it is too shallow? I don't want to get there early only to have to wait.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
What about the water level of the river? Is there a time of day/morning that it is too shallow? I don't want to get there early only to have to wait.
Generally speaking, the water on that stretch is usually up in the morning and goes down in the afternoon. Exact opposite of Big River, LL, everything above the diversion dam. This is something to keep in mind for anybody thinking of launching above Mac and boating down. Getting home could be interesting!:))eek:)) :badidea:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Water was down on weds thurs and Friday. but was back up to normal this weekend. I launch out of riviera and the water should be fine below the second beach below the 10

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Generally speaking, the water on that stretch is usually up in the morning and goes down in the afternoon. Exact opposite of Big River, LL, everything above the diversion dam. This is something to keep in mind for anybody thinking of launching above Mac and boating down. Getting home could be interesting!:))eek:)) :badidea:
It doesn't drop too quickly in the afternoon. Got word from the dam, (Thanks to buddy at McIntyre) should be normal flow come this weekend.:)devil:))THumbsUp:happy::partyguy:

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
It doesn't drop too quickly in the afternoon. Got word from the dam, (Thanks to buddy at McIntyre) should be normal flow come this weekend.:)devil:))THumbsUp:happy::partyguy:
So does that mean we can boat Friday or should I go to big river?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So does that mean we can boat Friday or should I go to big river?
Friday is our low day, but there should be enough water to go out and have a good time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts