Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
southwindsforsure
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just getting my dragster in the water=looking for info on basic starting point in setup =running a 460 out of my 18 fter and i was getting 75+mph
only getting 74 now in the swtd==have a ss loader=rideplate=droop=manual diverter=cav plates are 1/2 inch from back of shortened pod=stuffer in pump=a cut alum impellar

anyone know how they came from factory setup=i understand someone named futs is a southwind guy=

im not looking to go 100+=just better than my 18fter==thanks doug

·
southwindsforsure
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good morning futs=by the looks of your avatar you are the man i need to talk to=a gentalman from skagen dropped your name as someone who knows swtd's=just lookin for a little insite on setup and such=thanks doug

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Futs don't know sheee :D AKA two mile Tim peddles like hell:)devil

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Made my own cover, can make them out of any thickness of aluminum you want. Also used quarter turn self ejecting fasters to hold it in place.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
just getting my dragster in the water=looking for info on basic starting point in setup =running a 460 out of my 18 fter and i was getting 75+mph
only getting 74 now in the swtd==have a ss loader=rideplate=droop=manual diverter=cav plates are 1/2 inch from back of shortened pod=stuffer in pump=a cut alum impellar

anyone know how they came from factory setup=i understand someone named futs is a southwind guy=

im not looking to go 100+=just better than my 18fter==thanks doug
And what exactly is done to the 460? Without dismissing boat setup, it might be possible that you simply need more power.

LO

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
good morning futs=by the looks of your avatar you are the man i need to talk to=a gentalman from skagen dropped your name as someone who knows swtd's=just lookin for a little insite on setup and such
Just cuz he owns a southwind that makes him a know how to set one up? :confused: :p:)hand

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Futs, BP298, and [email protected]@$$, Have plenty of time playing around in set-ups. BP has probly over a 1000 passes on the track.
Shawn needs to change his name to something that we ALL have the keys to type.

My brother took a 460 out of his hallett and lost MPH going into the SWTD and most was set up. The intake was not set right and after having the pod shortened and intake set back, this may be something to look for. What are the rear plates set at? I would recomend 2* up in the ride plate and 1* up in the tunnel/Cav pates. This would be a good starting point. Also, any info you can give on loader (blocker, Etc.) and Shoe info.

·
Razor Wire Militia
741 Posts
Shawn needs to change his name to something that we ALL have the keys to type.

My brother took a 460 out of his hallett and lost MPH going into the SWTD and most was set up. The intake was not set right and after having the pod shortened and intake set back, this may be something to look for. What are the rear plates set at? I would recomend 2* up in the ride plate and 1* up in the tunnel/Cav pates. This would be a good starting point. Also, any info you can give on loader (blocker, Etc.) and Shoe info.
LOL cmon cy you all have them you just need to figure out how to get to them .....

need more info on your setup... like cy asked shoe, rideplate, loader were is the intake set still stock or moved after the pod was shortened what nozzle insert if any yada yada yada... ??????

·
southwindsforsure
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know its not a motor problem as was doing 75+ with motor in a 78 sw18fter=pod was aready shortened when i got it =but it was set crooked and you could not get pump access cover off=i reset pump back 1 inch from original location with a 4 -4 1/2 degress set=running a sraight shoe with no degrees =ride plate is 18 inches straight off intake -no degrees up=pod length is 9 1/2 inches=cav plates are 8 3/4 inches long =have a ss loader grate=berk pump-12jb with A cut aluminium impellar=stuffer=place diverter droop with manual diverter with purple insert=distance from back of pod to end of nozzle is 35 inches

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts