Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Last night was a good long sighting, got the neighbors to come out and see it for the first time, they never knew i was a space junky, it's alot nicer when the Shuttle is docked and if the flyover is just after dusk you can see with a good pair of binoculars the solar panels and the outline of the ISS and the shuttle.

You can also use the NASA site to watch the shuttle during reentry, amazing to see this bright streak going across the sky ....

That Website is a good one , love it, try checking out the Vandenburg AFB launch website, you can get updates as to whats going to launch then look out for the neat trails the big birds leave for us at dusk.

·
Former HB visitor
837 Posts
Forgot about this stuff. Thanks for posting. My son and I will be watching tomorrow night! Might even try the one minute pass tonight.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Forgot about it but will see if can catch it tonight. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Kenny, this is what it says for tonite in havasu. So where should I be looking

SATELLITELOCALDURATIONMAX ELEVAPPROACHDEPARTUREDATE/TIME(MIN)(DEG)(DEG-DIR)(DEG-DIR)ISSWed May 27/09:28 PM16826 above WNW67 above WSW

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kenny, this is what it says for tonite in havasu. So where should I be looking

SATELLITELOCALDURATIONMAX ELEVAPPROACHDEPARTUREDATE/TIME(MIN)(DEG)(DEG-DIR)(DEG-DIR)ISSWed May 27/09:28 PM16826 above WNW67 above WSW
sorry just saw this we saw last nights come from acoma golf course towards sara park area.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Just watched it fly over tonight, I guess that was what I watched, just a bright light moving steady across
from approach to departure direction,

thanks for the link Redneck, my son spotted it first:)hand

·
Registered
865 Posts
Just watched it fly over tonight, I guess that was what I watched, just a bright light moving steady across
from approach to departure direction,

thanks for the link Redneck, my son spotted it first:)hand
And as it flew past it turned from a bright fast moving to a red dot then it's gone, kinda neat

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Saw a TEENY tiny thing going over us from N to S. Doing the search of sightings right now to see if they knew what it was. Tiny and just like ever other star out there....cool nonetheless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts