Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Domin8er Place 22 with 496mag/bravo 1 it has a 4 blade 26p. I am wanting to get a spair prop for the safety of ending a weekend short. Any help is great. Boat will have 4-6 passangers most of the time, i am just looking for good all around performance, but if I was looking for top speed what prop would I want to look at?

thanks

·
New here
4,219 Posts
I just got a Domin8er Place 22 with 496mag/bravo 1 it has a 4 blade 26p. I am wanting to get a spair prop for the safety of ending a weekend short. Any help is great. Boat will have 4-6 passangers most of the time, i am just looking for good all around performance, but if I was looking for top speed what prop would I want to look at?

thanks
What's your top RPM you can spin right now? 26p on a standard Mag is asking ALOT! I'm surprised you can spin that prop even with the light 22.

You could TRY a 28p, but I doubt you could plane with it.

A 24p is pretty standard for a MagHO application and some hefty tuning and upgrades have to be done to the motor to get an HO to spin a 26 well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on the rpm first trip out will be next weekend. I just wanted to get an idea of what direction I should look.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Not sure on the rpm first trip out will be next weekend. I just wanted to get an idea of what direction I should look.
Well. You have to know where you're at before you start changing. That 26 is awfully tall for a 375hp Mag, like I said. Make sure you like it for all-around, first.

Here's my scenario. I run a 24p on my HO with a 30' boat. It didn't plane for crap when I started with it and had decent cruise speed. I could max at 4900.

I changed to all synthetics, pulled the exhaust turbulators (restrictors) out, put on a K&N (probably didn't help a bit, other than better filtering), and put better plugs in the motor. Now I am swinging the 24 to the rev limiter (5150).

I had picked up a 22p as a SPARE and for heavy/hot loads. If I had 10 people in the boat, 3 ice chests and was on Mojave in July with 116 ambient temp - I ran the 22.

I have Lightning headers and roller rockers to put on the motor, so I will pass by the rev limiter by far. So, I will be looking for a 26 and get rid of the 22.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I wasn't planing on getting one untill after I had a chance to see where it ran I just wanted to get an idea from others on the ball park for where I am and where I am going.

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Thanks for the input. I wasn't planing on getting one untill after I had a chance to see where it ran I just wanted to get an idea from others on the ball park for where I am and where I am going.
Very good. I would say you probably already have your top-end prop on the boat now. If you hit the rev limiter, you don't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts