Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
I've heard of people being stopped for not running FLAME arrestors. Think it would be a bit hard to see if you had a spark arrestor unless they were up close and personal.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I have been threatened for not having one on my carb. If your scoop is backwards it is considered a velocity stack directing the backfire away from passengers.

Cy

·
Registered
653 Posts
The law states, if your a closed engine compartment, or carb is below the gunwhale you need a spark arrester, if your engine is exposed and carb is above the gunwhale you don't need one.

If your hauling ass everywhere there gonna be pricks....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The law states, if your a closed engine compartment, or carb is below the gunwhale you need a spark arrester, if your engine is exposed and carb is above the gunwhale you don't need one.

If your hauling ass everywhere there gonna be pricks....
SWEET!!! i put my arrestor back on the carb today because i didnt want any reason for the cops to "talk to me" in parker this weekend but ima rip that sucker back off for sure!!!

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
SWEET!!! i put my arrestor back on the carb today because i didnt want any reason for the cops to "talk to me" in parker this weekend but ima rip that sucker back off for sure!!!
Do your engine a favor and put a K/N Marine air filter setup on it.
Legal flame arrestor, and keep crap out of the carb & engine.

Has to be the marine to be legal as the top and bottom are stainless steel, unlike the standard spun Aluminum off-road stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts