Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you guys probably seen this question before. I am having trouble reading the plugs. This is just a pump gas blower motor. They get this black soot on it and it doesn't come off. How do you guy read your plugs.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Brian, go into your very first link and read the first paragraph and check out the last sentence. Then remember, this is a link you provided. Must be very OLD :D:p:D
I read that, it is a common belief that I don't follow.
The plug chart is a good pic and explanation of what plugs should look like. Some of the why the specs are there because of fuel ect... well make your own conclusions.

Here is another one that we teach at the EFI101 class that is adopted by everyone that I don't believe either.

"More fuel supresses detonation."

I have read that posted here by a few people and I believe it not to be true either. We have proven this on the chassis dyno again and again but it is a common belief out there that everyone follows. "If it is detonating then back the timing down and add some fuel." I agree back the timing but the fuel does not stop detonation.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
After reading some of those tech articles I'm starting to feel bad that I've been running the same plugs for 3 years....................

Naaaaaaaaa......:)sphss

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
buy ngk plugs, they're by far the easiest plugs to read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts