Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the ngk # for a short reach plug with a washer? Cant find my ngk book. Heads are 1971 ls6. Have to be the ones you use a 5/8 socket, 13/16 doesnt fit.
Paul

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I'll look tonite I think I have a ziplock bag full from my last motor, I want to say it's the same # as the extended reach ones except without the r at the front.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought ....I found em #r5673- but they are tapered seat not washer.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Anybody know the ngk # for a short reach plug with a washer? Cant find my ngk book. Heads are 1971 ls6. Have to be the ones you use a 5/8 socket, 13/16 doesnt fit.
Paul
Hey Paul, If you are going the old numbers B7ES. Also If you still have the parts let me know. Bucks have been tight but should be able to send somethig this week-end. Mark

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Paul, If you are going the old numbers B7ES. Also If you still have the parts let me know. Bucks have been tight but should be able to send somethig this week-end. Mark
You should just send me your address so I can send you that stuff. Might aswell use it and we can worry later.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, kinda like 71 hallett head;)
LMAO. Just a stupid canadian here!! lol I was looking and aparently they will take both types. I just need a short reach one that is like a 5671 and am prob going to start with a -9

·
Registered
629 Posts
Spark plugs.......Hmmmmmmm

Must be he is getting close to spinning that engine over!!!:D

Jim

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What plugs would you use in this thing?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
LMAO. Just a stupid canadian here!! lol I was looking and aparently they will take both types. I just need a short reach one that is like a 5671 and am prob going to start with a -9
:D glad to see you have a sense of humor, you were asking for a pretty strange plug, figured tapered would be a little easier to find. I go with 8's for the tune and switch to 9's if the threads and side electrode tell us it's needed. The warmer plug just seems easier to read for color. just my 2 cents

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought ....I found em #r5673- but they are tapered seat not washer.
These win. I can run both but easier to space one with a washer on the washer type. Dont want any glow plug action going on. Trying some of my pump gas turbo knowledge on this thing.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:D glad to see you have a sense of humor, you were asking for a pretty strange plug, figured tapered would be a little easier to find. I go with 8's for the tune and switch to 9's if the threads and side electrode tell us it's needed. The warmer plug just seems easier to read for color. just my 2 cents
If we cant make fun of each other whats the point!! :D lol

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey mark, gona ship that to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Hey 71 Hallett, you are my new hero. As for plugs, I have had a ton of luck and run Autolites In a LS6 head it's a tapered seat short reach and I run # 26 s In a pair of 291 large port, closed chamber with factory d-port exhaust. (RARE AS HENS TEETH ). The motor is lean as hell but that's about to change Thanks to you. If what iv'e heard is true the NGK and ND plugs are easier to read because of the color of the rim design. A wipe of the finger tells me what I need to know!!! And all responses on that comment are welcome. Mark

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hey Paul.....

hate to tell you this but--------->you have to swap the pulleys around!!!!

The little pulley should be on the top dude. :D

You got them on azz backwards LOL

Jim

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey Paul.....

hate to tell you this but--------->you have to swap the pulleys around!!!!

The little pulley should be on the top dude. :D

You got them on azz backwards LOL

Jim
Dont worry I will get them there. Just want to try some pump gas stuff first. Baby steps so I dont have to buy your other boat.:D
#1 pump gas
#2 race gas
#3 this funny lookin hat thingy I bought.
Dont want to beat you up with your old boat right away you know.:)hand
BTW Boost is just the # that measures resticton. lol Its only a stock motor.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts