Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Here for the laughs!
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats ur favorite??? I personally never have actually smoked a cigar but i dunno why i've been throwing it around... Whats good whats crap whats ur favorite....?

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
Punch Grand Cru, Gloria Cubana, Auturo Fuente, - I prefer the maduro (dark) wrappers on all. The size of the cigar depends on how much time I have to smoke it.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I Like 5 Vegas
I like the 5 Vegas Series A. I like a lot of Victor Sinclair brands.

I like Sol Cubano for an everyday cigar. CI is down right now or I'd look up what I ordered last....I really like them. I'll look tonight, can't remember off-hand....

Size depends on time available, but I usually prefer a torpedo in the 52x6~ish area.

·
Here for the laughs!
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So size of the cigar determine the smoke time??? Im by no means a cigar guru... ive smoked cigarettes for god too long and im on my way to quitting went from 2 packs a days down to 2 to 5 cigs a day but since i dont drink anymore i thought i'd enjoy a good cigar now and then... shit mans gotta have some vice! lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
Punch Double Corona maduro wrap:)devil

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
CAO and Rocky Patel are my two current favorites......they make both milder and bolder smokes so pick your poison.....:D

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
So size of the cigar determine the smoke time??? Im by no means a cigar guru... ive smoked cigarettes for god too long and im on my way to quitting went from 2 packs a days down to 2 to 5 cigs a day but since i dont drink anymore i thought i'd enjoy a good cigar now and then... shit mans gotta have some vice! lol
Coming out of cigarettes into cigars might be tough. I have never smoked a cigarette. The people I know that smoke both or used to smoke cigars tend to inhale a cigar. Which usually doesn't go well. ;)

There are a lot differences between cigarette and cigar tobacco. Below has been copy/pasted from Cigar.com Newletter from Aug 07 '09....

Q & A: Cigars vs. Cigarettes
Q: Do cigars and cigarettes share the same type of tobacco?

A: No, in fact they are far different. Cigars and cigarettes are completely different products grown in completely different ways and affect the palate and body differently as well. The tobacco grown for use in cigars is simply 100% tobacco. The leaves do not contain non-tobacco products and are naturally aged and fermented without having any extra additives or impurities introduced to the blend. Most cigarettes contain only about 50% pure tobacco with the rest of the blend consisting of chopped up stems, shredded paper, and left over tobacco scraps. Cigarette tobaccos are not fermented, which is another major difference between the two. When cigar tobaccos are cured and fermented, they lose much of their nicotine content and many of the unhealthy toxins or carcinogenic qualities associated with “smoking” in general. Cigarette tobaccos contain many of these impurities and many cigarette manufacturers actually add further impurities, such as nicotine, to give them more addicting qualities. In fact, cigarettes are made to cause addiction with no focus on quality or flavor whereas cigars are made to be a tasty, enjoyable experience and this fact can be proven when closely examining and then comparing the creation process of both.

·
....at the Speed of Sound
696 Posts
Great topic! I dont smoke cigarrettes (hate them) and have never had a cigar but for some reason lately ive had the urge to try a cigar. Just have no idea what to get.

·
Don't judge me monkey...
705 Posts
I like Hoyo De Monterrey, Macanudo, Partagas, Cohiba's...all mild cigars that won't break the bank...and whatever Enrique (Ultra5150) has on hand, he's a pro.:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts