Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to thank both of you from the bottom of my broken heart for all you did for me today. I received the call I fear most that all three of my dogs (my kids) had been seen on the river road. I had stayed the night at CFW getting ready for a busy Memorial weekend an hour away from my home. When I made it home in record time I saw my Rottweiler and rescue dog pacing back and forth from my home to the levy. I quickly got them secured back into the yard and began my search for my yellow lab. (Hannah) I spoke to many people who seen my other two dogs but never the lab. (I WAS CONVINCED SHE JUST WENT SWIMMING IN THE RIVER AND SOMEONE FOUND HER and took her home) How wrong I was. My baby was hit by a car and the dog pound had already picked her up and was taking to but her with all the other dead dogs. (like she was just a dog... NOT!!!) That's where the Herbert's jumped in and did what I would never expect anyone to do. They went and picked up my baby girl and gave her a proper burial on his property next to his son Guy's dog who passed away last year. I can not tell you how much I appreciate all your support and beyond the duty of friendship support you gave me during this VERY hard time. I did not have it in me to be there but will be there soon to say my good-bye and remember the the good times she gave me these past two years. It has been a hard day for me watching the sadness in my two boy's (my other dogs) my rottie is so sad he just lays there looking at me I truly believe he was trying to get her help pacing back and forth from home to where she was hit. I know this was long but really want everyone to know how much I appreciate what the Herbert's did for me today. It's going to be a rough weekend for me at CFW, it was there I kept seeing yellow labs and decided two years ago to buy my first one. It's going to kill me watching them all come in this weekend but I will get through it in time. I almost want to post a sign this weekend saying no yellow labs allowed !!! If you see me at CFW this weekend and I don't seem like myself you know why now. In time I will be back to myself :D or sometimes :|err Today I am :mad:.

Guy and Andy if you ever need anything I will be there for you!!!!

With love
Michelle

P.S. The bright side is who ever hit my baby could have lost control and landed in the river. I hear sirens as I type looking for a car that went in the river tonight. I am greatful that did not happen and I still have my two boy's who will help my get through this.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Sorry to hear this Michelle, I know how much your dogs mean to you. I saw on the news this AM they were looking for a car in the river and noticed your town's fire department had responded - made me think of you and wonder. The bright side of this is that you do have friends that will step up . . . of all the motorsports and stuff I have been into in my life I have never had true freinds like the ones I have found in boating, especially the Herberts :)devil.

We'll try and get to CFW this weekend and we'll look for you - hang in there girl and please let me know if we can do anything - Scott

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Soooooo sorry for your loss, I'm still wiping my eyes.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
So sorry to hear about your dog Michelle.

It is so hard. Take some time & be with friends.

Like Hud said, the Herberts, no the whole group are amazing & rare people these days.

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. I love my dog way more than any human. I live about 10 minutes from you so if you ever need anything just hollar. Is there a fence or gate that needs repairing? If so I'd be happy to take care of it for you. I'll be in the cove this evening. Those Herbert's are some outstanding people! Thanks for helping her out guys.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Very sad news.....:mad: Sorry to hear this, Hannah was an awesome girl and a fun playmate for Izzy. If you need anything please let me know.

Props to "PoPs" and Bro....it's always a hard deal.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Michelle, Im so sorry to hear this. Dogs are the best. We will be up this weekend to say hello. My dad is coming too.

·
Coors Light Tour - 2010
341 Posts
Hey Michelle,

We won't bring Scooby-Doo this weekend, and we're sorry to hear about your loss. Please take two COOKIES, and I'll call you in the morning.

If by this November your feeling ready to "try again", Janelle and I would be happy to GIVE you one of the puppies from Blue & Scooby's next litter. We usually have about 5 yellow & 5 black to pick from.

Yes the Herberts are TOP NOTCH people... anyone who knows them would agree. Andy would give "the skin off of his knuckle" to help a stranger.... just ask him how we met??? Their only downside is that they keep letting me hang around their group, but nobody's perfect.

We love you too....

John & Janelle

PS. For five bucks extra..... I'll let you watch when I breed the labs. It's not that big a deal, but it's incredibly hard on my knees.....

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
OMG.....I think JD's been testing the cookie dough again!! :)sphss:D I'm glad I finished my drink before I read that one otherwise it guaranteed would have been spit all over the screen !!! Never a dull moment Johnny :)devil

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
PS. For five bucks extra..... I'll let you watch when I breed the labs. It's not that big a deal, but it's incredibly hard on my knees.....
You're a sick, twisted man John. And I would just like to tell you that I think that is a fine quality in a person. Not enough of it going around these days.

$5.00 to watch, how much to join in?

You know Michelle's gonna slap the chit out of both of us, but it will be well worth it if we made her smile a bit through this.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry for your loss, loosing a dog is a very bad feeling. Hell, my shop and my boat is named after my dog. Take care, see you fathers day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a better day today...

Thanks to all of you and your kind words I will have a better day today!!! Yesterday was awful but I was able to get through it with all the help from Guy and Hayden Herbert. The two of them did all my work for me at CFW and kept me strong through my weak periods. I don't think I would have surrived that first day without them. Today is already better I have not cried once. My heart will take time to heal but I have a HUGE support group and will always be there for any of you if you need anything.

John Douglas you are sick I love you Janelle and the kids. Please bring your dogs I will be fine. I already had the experience yesterday and surrived it. I love all dogs and it helps to love them all even if it's not my baby girl Hannah.

I can't wait to see Herb and family!!! :)devil I will be busy working however nothing will stop me for this visit.
Thanks again everyone!!!

P.S. I will say it over and over again the HERBERTS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts