Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Re-member
3,729 Posts
...Bob Dice or Fidel Castro???...

...Far left is Bob...
In addition to his driving skills,...Bob was a pretty fair athlete in High School...John H Francis Polytechnic...Sun Valley Ca....'64...

·
Registered
146 Posts
...Who is your next door neighbor???...
...Far left is Bob...
In addition to his driving skills,...Bob was a pretty fair athlete in High School...John H Francis Polytechnic...Sun Valley Ca....'64...
The guy in the middle is my neighbor Bill Baldwin. He said he thinks the wreck pic is from Oakland wasn't sure said they wrecked it 3 times, but if it was he brought the leftovers home in his pinto wagon. He said he couldn't tell but he could have been driving in some of the pic's, he said Bob didn't start driving till later.

Dave, Bill said the other brother was Jim Onstott. Damn, my neighbor is cooler than he already was.lol:D

·
Registered
731 Posts
Starting the record

Starting your records list:

first Drag meet winner
Darrel Jenkins J Mandella Blown Cadillac
record
George Koepsell J Mandella K B 392 94 mph
Rudy Ramos Orrin Mandella Blown Chrysler 97.71mph
HARLAN ORRIN

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
The guy in the middle is my neighbor Bill Baldwin. He said he thinks the wreck pic is from Oakland wasn't sure said they wrecked it 3 times, but if it was he brought the leftovers home in his pinto wagon. He said he couldn't tell but he could have been driving in some of the pic's, he said Bob didn't start driving till later.

Dave, Bill said the other brother was Jim Onstott. Damn, my neighbor is cooler than he already was.lol:D
That's pretty cool! He is right...Those shots are from Oakland and I'll bet it wasn't Dice...boat appears to be a fairly early t-deck(no windshield) I remember seeing one of the crashes in Bakersfield...My 11 year old brother at the time got a piece of the boat, doubt he still has it...can't remember a third crash. They were the ones to beat in 74/75!!

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Speaking of Litchfields, there is a clean one for sale on Craigslist right now.
I hope it's still clean!! IT'S MY OLD BOAT!! Here's how it looked in 1989/90 leaving the Marina at Ming...was that 20 years ago????:mad::mad:

Back then in the NJBA we raced in mile per hour increments. This REALLY benefited the Squirt Boats, as they were usually 4-6 slower with the same ET. We just geared her down and let'er fly! We won 25 out of 26 rounds that year and took the High Points in the 80mph class, as well as winning the overall total high points for the entire Association(I think my name is on a perpetual trophy somewhere)...Good Times!!:D:D

Judging by the pictures in the ad, she still looks pretty good!! Looks like a different trailer...

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I figured that if there is a Litchfield out their that you would know about it or of had history with it:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
"War Eagle" World Record holder

I have a picture of my father Mathew Barth as the World record holder driver for the "War Eagle". I do not know what year...I also know that he wrecked a boat pretty badly and his left leg came out of it 2 1/2" inches shorter. I'm not sure if it was the "War Eagle".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Stuff happens...

I sure miss all the good racing we once had at Oakland Marine Stadium, some tragic incidents like this one, and the " whale of a burger ", best damn hamburger ever.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts