Discussion Starter #3
oh, they're done, I just needed to vent. :D

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
That special feeling when you stab your finger with the pick or end up with the lock hanging out of the end of your finger. mmmm the best.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
That special feeling when you stab your finger with the pick or end up with the lock hanging out of the end of your finger. mmmm the best.
Been there done that. Man I hate it when that happens. That's why I recommend teflon buttons. ZERO cyclinder wear and that would be why they call them floating pins. Mark

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Usually don't draw bood any more, just gets sore under the thumbnail. Got spoiled on my last engine..had Cosworth pistons with round wire locks. Them's the chit. (till you have to take one out) Next set of pistons I order will have them as well. NO more of this curly-cue heavy ass double-lock crap. :)devil

Damn, I'm a wankin, eh? :)hand

·
Registered
282 Posts
After a few thousands there a cinch,the wire locks go in easy but trying to get them out holly*****at least spriolocks will come out with a pick and patients.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
yep, that suxxxxx assssssss:mad:

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After a few thousands there a cinch,the wire locks go in easy but trying to get them out holly*****at least spriolocks will come out with a pick and patients.
I've done enough to have a technique...just takes a few to rmember what it is...:p
I've found that most pistons machined for the round wirelocks have a groove to get at the wire with a pic, which makes getting them out no harder than spiro's...but then some don't, or the one they have is about impossible to use. What amazes me is how freekin stiff a little piece of wire can be!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I did a engine a 28 model A and went to put new piston on the new ones have internal snap rings.So I am looking at the old ones no snap rings,no split small end with a bolt,and not a press pin cause i could turn the pin.WTF so the press had to do something,and it did push them out.The wrist pin had a grove in the center and the small end had a groove too with a big wire lock in it,so as you push the pin in it expanded enough for the pin then locked on the groove in the wrist pin what a design old henry did,along with sims for rod and main brg clearance.3500 rpm i think thats about it.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I dropped the lock on a 2 stroke once. Lets just say 2hrs later I found it resting nicely in the block. I now use a rag to cover the hole.

·
688 Posts
I just did them for the first time. my fingertips can still feel the pain:D

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Only a couple guys seem to like buttons. how sad

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts

·
Village Idiot
3,454 Posts
Maybe I am just old fashioned using spiro locks, but it is what I know and trust. I will agree that my fingers hurt for the two following days, but it pays off when I hear it fire.

Paul

We won't even talk about having to take them out when it is time to freshen the motor.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts