Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for metal or preferred lexan splash shield for a 80 southwind dragster. any one in the inland empire area? My motor sits 5 inches from the valve cover to the back gunnel.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Clean looking boat! Get in contact with L&L marine. They can make one for you of you can call finneys and see if they could hook you up. Where do you boat at? I would love to see that boat in person. I boat out of Big River all year long.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for feedback my boys call it a show boat. I tell them thats what dad does clean clean. I did a total resto with trailer. Interior will be all done this week. ill paint my own graphics or decal graphics. yours is very CLEAN also like the color. I will run at perris, elsinore for speed and mead for speed . we own property at meadview az. 10 min to launch ramp. ultimate test grounds (south cove) (pierce ferry).:D19 mile straight run on glass water! we do parker at emerald cove with firefighters. p.s more pic's to follow.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
One draw back to the lexan splash guards is the melting you getwhen running dry. I melted mine.

Aluminum is the way to go. Below are pix of my brothers.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
One draw back to the lexan splash guards is the melting you getwhen running dry. I melted mine.

Aluminum is the way to go. Below are pix of my brothers.

What a pile of crap. I have had no problems with my lexan. Will moneysucker be out to play next year?

Cy, I will call you next week, i need some things from you.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
i wouldnt use that one the yellow boat is slow :D maby aluminum is to heavy for the bowtie power you speak of

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Nice swnd's more pic's please keep em comming I need graphic ideas!:)devil
All white.:)bulb :)devil

Seems kinda late for paint.:)sphss The entire boat is rigged and ready to go, not the time to be painting on the boat.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Tre runs a ford. Mine started melting when I was running jet hot coated headers. I will be out next year. I am actually pulling the boat apart and getting everything but the hull in the garage. I am adding entrapment and may cut the pod for a popoff.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for positives. actually top half is lexus pearl white. bottom and trailer I painted bright gm white. wanting to break up trim line. I will post picks of awsome seats in boat tomorrow morning. please have another look. I found an awsome upholsterer in moreno valley... very reasonable.:)devil:):)devil

·
Inland Empire-Big River
807 Posts
Very nice TD, congrats. Looks like your just over the hill from me. I'm in Nuevo. Have you had it in the water yet? What power & #'s are you seeing? The white definatley gives it the clean look.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if you can't find any one in cali, give bergeron engineering in mesa, az a call, that is where i got the one for my daytona, decent price and great product, has been on the boat for about 4yrs and only a very, very small melted spot (about the size of a quarter) and my headers are less than 3 inches off the shield on the sides.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Forkedup im looking to have one made yellow orange or red for interior. pics tonite installing seats now! clearance now with heddars is 8 in total if I go with a 4 inch shield I still have 4 in clearance. (unless i go with borlas or zoomies Is that enough? In the future one will be made possibly for a shovelnose if I dont use the one thats aluminum.....

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
I can build you an aluminum or stainless one. If you go back to the"sticky" picture threads , there is a black hydro( Bad medicine boat)with an all aluminum KB chevy in it, all polished. I built that one out of number eight s/s. (mirror finish). I am at the NJBA races right now, but if you are interested, you can call my shop from tues through sat, 9-6,707-864-0332, Joe.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can build you an aluminum or stainless one. If you go back to the"sticky" picture threads , there is a black hydro( Bad medicine boat)with an all aluminum KB chevy in it, all polished. I built that one out of number eight s/s. (mirror finish). I am at the NJBA races right now, but if you are interested, you can call my shop from tues through sat, 9-6,707-864-0332, Joe.
I will contact you sometime.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
YOU CAN CALL MARTY AT PLEX PRODUCTS THE MAKE EVERY THING FROM WINDSHIELDS TO PADDLES....

Plex Products Unltd
10744 Prospect Ave Ste C
Santee, CA 92071

Business Summary

Contact Plex Products Unltd
Phone: (619) 449-5534

1 - 19 of 19 Posts