Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whare Do I Get A Splash Shield For The Back Of My 77 Bubble Deck Jet. My Boat Sits At A Dock On The Fox River, When One Of Those Wakeboard Boats Goes By It Tries To Sink The Dam Boat. How Much And Whare Do I Buy It From. Thanks, Don

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
How long do you think it would take a jet boat to fill up a wake boat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Whare Do I Get A Splash Shield For The Back Of My 77 Bubble Deck Jet. My Boat Sits At A Dock On The Fox River, When One Of Those Wakeboard Boats Goes By It Tries To Sink The Dam Boat. How Much And Whare Do I Buy It From. Thanks, Don
Roger Finney has a ton of old molds/patterns for splash gaurds, they're not cheap but the quality can't be matched.

http://www.finneys.com/

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Next time let him swamp you and then sue!!! All boaters are responsible for their wake damage. I have been at feul docks and had wake board boats come by and do damage to my boat but just kept my mouth shut, NOT ANYMORE!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Next time let him swamp you and then sue!!! All boaters are responsible for their wake damage. I have been at feul docks and had wake board boats come by and do damage to my boat but just kept my mouth shut, NOT ANYMORE!!!!
One more stress crack and im gunna get the hull #s from every wake boat around. :D
Seriously ol guy is correct. You are responcible for your wake and your roost. When I see a jetski headed to my roost I drop it quick. If they get injured they can hold you responsible.

Now if they catch up to the roost from behind. :D Up Roost:D:)devil

·
Registered
194 Posts
How long do you think it would take a jet boat to fill up a wake boat :rolleyes:
or a ski boat, chevy jets brother didnt see the humor in it at all when I accidentaly hosed his! I wont be forgetting to return the diverter handle to the down position before leaving the dock again!:)bulb

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It Never Fails To Amaze Me. You Can Nock A Guy Out Cold In A Bar, But You Cant Get Him A Little Wet On A Jet Ski. Lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a aluminum one off a 76 eliminator bubble deck I would be willing to get rid of pretty cheap! PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
One more stress crack and im gunna get the hull #s from every wake boat around. :D
Seriously ol guy is correct. You are responcible for your wake and your roost. When I see a jetski headed to my roost I drop it quick. If they get injured they can hold you responsible.

Now if they catch up to the roost from behind. :D Up Roost:D:)devil
Thanks cave!

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Don if you find a place that makes them for your boat and one for mine, I'll buy one too, and split the shipping:)bulb

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im going to call proglass in yorkville, he makes lexan windows and stuff for race cars, so i would think he could do it. Maybe if we brought him 3 boats the price would be better! how long do you think they need to be from end to end and heigth and I will try to call him tomorrow.His shop is probably only 15 or20 minutes from your work chuck
Don if you find a place that makes them for your boat and one for mine, I'll buy one too, and split the shipping:)bulb

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
tell us! You wont be able to hear us laughing anyway! A sheet of plexiglass split 3 ways would be even cheaper. especially since dons brother works for grainger!

WELL,
FIRST YOU NEED TO MAKE A TEMPLATE ,THAT FITS THE BOAT, CUT THE
PLEXIGLASS OVERSIZED, (this part is real important) THEN WHEN YOUR
WIFE GOES SHOPPING, YOU CLAMP THE PG ON THE MIDDLE OF THE TEMPLATE,
TURN THE OVEN ON TO 300* PUT ONE END INSIDE, COVER
OPENING WITH SOMETHING NONFLAMMABLE, LIKE LEATHER WELDING
APRON, IN 15-20 MIN THE PG WILL START BENDING ON ITS OWN WITH
GRAVITY HELPING, THEN USE YOUR WIFES BEST COOKING GLOVES AND
REMOVE AND FINISH THE BEND AND CLAMP IT, AND LET IT COOL, THEN
DO THE SAME ON OTHER END, THEN TRIM TO FIT

·
Registered
167 Posts
A RotoZip works very well. If you have a friend that is an electrican he may have a PVC pipe heat blanket that works great for heating it but watch it close.

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
Hack Job

A RotoZip works very well. If you have a friend that is an electrican he may have a PVC pipe heat blanket that works great for heating it but watch it close.
YEA, THAT WOULD BE A BETTER WAY, I DON'T HAVE ALL THOSES MODERN
TOOLS, I KNEW THAT I WOULD CATCH HELL FOR THE CRUDE WAY OF CUTTING
THAT WAY, BUT IT WORKS FOR ME
NO WORSE THAN THE GUYS THAT MAKE THERE MOTOR PLATES WITH A
WOOD ROUTER, BY THE WAY I THOUGHT WAS VERY CLEVER, I WAS IMPRESSED!!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
A jig saw with a real fine toothed blade will cut good. Use a fine file to perfect the final shape, then a light sanding with some 400 wet/dry sand paper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts