Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carpet in the Nordic I just picked up needs to be replaced. I was thinking of removing the interior and having bedliner sprayed in.

Anyone have any thoughts of why not to do this? (BTW, the stringers and floor are in good shape)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
not too mention it will hide delamination & cracks. Carpet will too, but if you are smart about t putting the carpet in you can leave spaces unglued so you can do inspections later. Gel coat in the bilge works well and is easy enough to do.

·
Registered
329 Posts
not too mention it will hide delamination & cracks. Carpet will too, but if you are smart about t putting the carpet in you can leave spaces unglued so you can do inspections later. Gel coat in the bilge works well and is easy enough to do.
I would be concerned about the chemical effects on the fiberglass,and as stated above never see any delam. or stress cracks not good. Ever stand on bed liner barefooted:|err:|err Flow coat is another opp.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fairly consistant opinions

I was thinking of a light color so it would be easier on the feet.

But being able to inspect the hull is important too.

Anybody just run bare fiber glass (meaning removing carpet and adhesive and leaving it) ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I vote for bare fiberglass (treated) - since I have had much water in the bilge + an oil leak - the carpet absorbed the stuff that was kicked up by the flywheel (mixed water and oil). It's impossible to stand on this stuff now, so I have layed some car rubber mats temporarily on there now.

I like the carpet feeling but if you ever spray it with water + just a little oil, you can trash that carpet.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
A friend of ours has an old sanger hydro that had some major sponson damage along with filling about 120 holes with wood dowls. After the repairs he went out and sprayed in the bedliner stuff. I told him he was CRAZY especially since he runs this thing in the mid 140s!!! Just not the place for it!!! I know I'm a flat guy but all our boats just have the floors, no carpets, etc.. You could get some velcro that way it's easy to remove.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.