Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Doc. Bostick got some parts dropped off to him........... There's some usable parts in here somewhere.

We'll keep ya posted.......

BME rods cleaned and being shipped home for a check-up and resizing.

New manifold purchase:

I even have a few carbs laying around:

We'll see if we can get something together ...... pump gas or something else. Maybe just a dyno mule. We'll get it figured out in a month or so after we go through all the parts.

Keep ya posted ...

S CP

Jon

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
Jon, not sure which brand oil filter that thing was using, but stop using them. That things a mess. One layer of window screen could do a better job than that:duh:

Is that a Boss block or a SCJ?
Boss blocks had screw in freez plugs.

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
I have a used set of alum rods and 4.53" pistons for the older A460 heads if someone needs them. Not sure of the rod length, 3.85 stroke.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Boss blocks had screw in freez plugs.
:duh::bangmyhead::)hammers:oops:

I cannot believe I asked that!! If I turn in my Ford lovers card, do you promise to never tell anybody I was that stupid?

Thank God it wasn't a 390 and I asked if it was a 427. I would deserve to have the card ripped up, and painted head to toe with GM orange.
boy was that ever a dumbass question!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jon, not sure which brand oil filter that thing was using, but stop using them. That things a mess. One layer of window screen could do a better job than that:duh:

Is that a Boss block or a SCJ?
It's a trashed SCJ block... it needs a lot of TLC, we had water freeze in it and cracked the block it has sleeves in every bore and the block has concrete in it 3/4 full. Not sure what we are going to do with it yet.

Oh I have this sitting on the shelf too: might as well us it too

S CP

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are those predator carbs?

Yes...I need to get them rebuilt. I need to find someone who knows about them rebuild and clean for me.

S CP :)

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
It's a trashed SCJ block... it needs a lot of TLC, we had water freeze in it and cracked the block it has sleeves in every bore and the block has concrete in it 3/4 full. Not sure what we are going to do with it yet.

Oh I have this sitting on the shelf too: might as well us it too

S CP
Ah, you have to love rare and obsolete Ford stuff. If that was a mundane 4 bolt Chevy, it would be a Prius by now. But its a Ford, and we can save it, we have the technology! You can't throw that away Jon, its one of only a few 6 million dollar blocks. You have way to much invest to toss it. Fill solid and run it as a 1/4 mile alky deal for another 20 years.

The oil pump may be the answer to your pressure problems.;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can't throw that away Jon, its one of only a few 6 million dollar blocks. You have way to much invest to toss it. Fill solid and run it as a 1/4 mile alky deal for another 20 years.
)

That's what The Bostick is thinking.....

S CP :)bulb

·
Head Janitor
690 Posts
Yes...I need to get them rebuilt. I need to find someone who knows about them rebuild and clean for me.

S CP :)
How well do those work? I had talked to the "guy" at Predator and of course he told me they were great and wonderfully suited to boats........everyone else told me they made a better anchor.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need to put this thing on a scale and see what it weighs ...... it will get put to work one way or another:

Billet Bryant crank with a 3.98 stroke and 2.100 rod journal

S CP :happy:

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How well do those work? I had talked to the "guy" at Predator and of course he told me they were great and wonderfully suited to boats........everyone else told me they made a better anchor.
I've heard mixed results....we'll find out on the dyno before the year is over.

S CP :happy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts