Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
I take it that you don't have insurance on the phone nor are you qualified for an upgrade.

If you don't qualify for an upgrade rebate I would look on ebay if you want the same type of phone. I work for a Sprint dealer and that's what I would have to do. I recommend that anyone who purchases a PDA add the service & insurance option to the phone.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually when i paid like 400 or something for the phone she said you want the insurance i said yep. Well come to find out there is more than one type of insurance policy you can get well she only gave me the cheaper one. I had no fucking clue there was 2 diff ones so i went in like a dumbass and said yeah i got the insurance and they said only for electrical or mechanical not damaged or stolen

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Actually when i paid like 400 or something for the phone she said you want the insurance i said yep. Well come to find out there is more than one type of insurance policy you can get well she only gave me the cheaper one. I had no fucking clue there was 2 diff ones so i went in like a dumbass and said yeah i got the insurance and they said only for electrical or mechanical not damaged or stolen
Go to a corporate owned sprint store and ask them to do an exception upgrade. If they refuse tell them that they raised your bill 25 cents this month(they changed some surcharge) and it is a modification to your contract. You can get out of your contract right now without a termination fee.

If sprint wants your business they'll take care of you. If they don't let me know and I know someone who can give you the info you need to break your contract and get you a great deal with another provider :)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it that you don't have insurance on the phone nor are you qualified for an upgrade.

If you don't qualify for an upgrade rebate I would look on ebay if you want the same type of phone. I work for a Sprint dealer and that's what I would have to do. I recommend that anyone who purchases a PDA add the service & insurance option to the phone.
What kind of deal can you do on a HTC TOUCH PRO???

·
Registered
153 Posts
If it still works at all you might be able to call in and add more insurance, then wait a few days and loose the phone... worked for me once (many years ago).

·
1,520 Posts
What kind of deal can you do on a HTC TOUCH PRO???
I can only get the best pricing based on your eligible upgrade pricing. If you've had the phone for less than a year then you're only eligible for retail price. If you've had it over a year then you would receive a discount. If you have another phone on your accout, we can see if that # is eligible for the lowest upgrade pricing. The retail stores won't tell you about using another # for the upgrade.

·
1,520 Posts
If it still works at all you might be able to call in and add more insurance, then wait a few days and loose the phone... worked for me once (many years ago).
Sprint will only allow you to add insurance within the first 30 days of you activating the phone, but I've also heard others that have gotten away with this method.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I keep the $7 per month coverage now... I don't want to pay retail to replace a phone ever again - been there done with that.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i already tried upgrading the insurance and they said no. So looks like i might just eat it and buy another phone atleast at the discounted price they are willing to give me. What is another good pda you guys would recomend that is similar???

·
1,520 Posts
Yeah i already tried upgrading the insurance and they said no. So looks like i might just eat it and buy another phone atleast at the discounted price they are willing to give me. What is another good pda you guys would recomend that is similar???
Have you checked out ebay? You may be able to find a good used phone there.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Only prob with E bay is no insurance and those phones are too expensive to not have insurance, any news of any new PDA's coming out from sprint

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.