Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guy's that use SS braid for the diverter have any do's and dont's for going through the hull part of the installation? im looking for something that looks clean and neat for the Funjet!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
http://www.rexmar.com/page129.html

there's pass thrus on that page. hass bought a badass hyd line pass thru from rex awhile back for his stealth but i couldn't find it. its a nice anodized billet plate with the pass thrus on it, looks sweet.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.rexmar.com/page129.html

there's pass thrus on that page. hass bought a badass hyd line pass thru from rex awhile back for his stealth but i couldn't find it. its a nice anodized billet plate with the pass thrus on it, looks sweet.
thats what im looking for! just couldnt get the words on the puter this morning guess i need more:)coffee:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
DAMN! you aint kidding! i think i will just use that kit Rex has and use blue stringer washers for those fittings to go through:)devil i had to do that on the bilge dumps also being the hole was cut for those crappy plastic fittings and the stainless dumps i have were too small!
that'll look nice too! you trying to finish up the funjet 1st? need to get busy on a turbo mota for the gullwing:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that'll look nice too! you trying to finish up the funjet 1st? need to get busy on a turbo mota for the gullwing:D
Yea trying to get it done and outta the shop here at work so i can take it home!
dont like a whole lot being done,,right now just waiting on a few things from Tom to arrive on the Brown truck so i can finish up the engine compartment! then its on to wiring,steering,shift control,and rub rail! Then its off to the water!:D:D:D:D

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
i just did a hydrolic setup today and used the plastic bulkhead fittings with the plastic lines. man, what useless piles of garbage those plastic bulkheads are.

they arent long enough to go through the Transom adapter....and forget going through the transom itself if you have any wood backing on it. they are good for only going through 1/4" thick or less surfaces.

and the plastic lines look like hell to boot.

ill be spending the extra coin for the upgraded braided stainless lines. the plastic ones and a lot of sillycone will do for now.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
i just did a hydrolic setup today and used the plastic bulkhead fittings with the plastic lines. man, what useless piles of garbage those plastic bulkheads are.

they arent long enough to go through the Transom adapter....and forget going through the transom itself if you have any wood backing on it. they are good for only going through 1/4" thick or less surfaces.

and the plastic lines look like hell to boot.

ill be spending the extra coin for the upgraded braided stainless lines. the plastic ones and a lot of sillycone will do for now.
I don't know if they are all that bad.:)hand

I ran the plastic ones out of the left side of the plate, one above the other (In front of the "B" in Berkeley). The plastic fittings worked great for me, after tapping the holes for them in the plate. (1/2" 20 tap)
Although I also plan on upgrading, they are working great so far.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have a few of the OG Rick Haggerman Cherry bulkheads left (304 s.s.). And some extended 90's for the pump. I also have all the rest of the stuff and can crimp up the hoses with stainless ends any lenght you want.

Attachments

·
Angry American
3,103 Posts
not the prettiest thing around but I used 1/4" brass fittings and 1/4" ss braid refrigerator lines. Purchased it all at the local plumbing supply for under $20.00. Home Depot or Lowes carry the same stuff

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
I have a few of the OG Rick Haggerman Cherry bulkheads left (304 s.s.). And some extended 90's for the pump. I also have all the rest of the stuff and can crimp up the hoses with stainless ends any lenght you want.

Do you have 2 90's for the hydraulic cylinder 1/8 npt to -4?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Here is my junk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts