Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend i had the boat at the lake and came out sunday morning and noticed right by the fuel filler on the hull i am guessing some fuel sloshed out and got on the hull. Well now i have a nice little stain there are there any tricks to getting this out? If not what has to be done to get it out.

Thanks,
Cody

·
I don't feel tardy
845 Posts
Over the weekend i had the boat at the lake and came out sunday morning and noticed right by the fuel filler on the hull i am guessing some fuel sloshed out and got on the hull. Well now i have a nice little stain there are there any tricks to getting this out? If not what has to be done to get it out.

Thanks,
Cody
What color is the gel?
What color is the stain?
What type of wax or polish do you use on the boat?

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
I used to have some fuel stains on the side of my hull (white hull) right next to the fuel vents. I used Purple Power degreaser on it and it took it right out. Costs $3-$4 at any auto parts store and it's fiberglass/gelcoat friendly.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Sometimes a good cleaner wax will pul it out, but if the gel is not in so good of shape, it will penetrate into the gel and a wetsand will most likely be needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The part that the stain is on is white and grey. You dont notice it on the gray but is really shows on the white. I will try the purple power degreaser and if it doesnt work i will bite the bullet and have it wet sanded:)sphss Thanks for the info guys:D

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The part that the stain is on is white and grey. You dont notice it on the gray but is really shows on the white. I will try the purple power degreaser and if it doesnt work i will bite the bullet and have it wet sanded:)sphss Thanks for the info guys:D
have you tried rubbing compound?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think meguier's has a stain remover. It has a slight grit to it, but not as harsh as sanding...it's been awhile since I've used it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts