Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some 5/16 x 4 inch stainless studs and some 1/2 stainless studs x 2 inch. If anyone has any info I would highly appreciate it.
Thanks Spitter

·
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont know anybody with stainless studs, You can get stianless all thread
at copperstate :p

I have 2" but need em longer. I dont want to cut 16 of them:))eek:)):))eek:)):))eek:)) They are for my double drilled bowl.............

Sup Jaybird:)hand:)hand:)hand

·
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Mike. If you need someone to run the hacksaw let me know. I'm old, but I think I can do it.
Im going to machine me own. I wanted a hex head on them to hold while tightening them down.

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
We get alot of things like that from McMaster-Carr. Shipping isn't too bad, just have to wait a few days for things to arrive plus they have a lot of speciality stuff like mil spec and aircraft items that we use.

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
Call ARP and order what you want. 800.826.3045

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Head studs (I've read) provide 30% more clamping force than a standard head bolt, is it the same if you make your own studs out of stainless allthread?

I'd die if I tried to cut 16 studs out of stainless steel with a hacksaw. :D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Head studs (I've read) provide 30% more clamping force than a standard head bolt, is it the same if you make your own studs out of stainless allthread?

I'd die if I tried to cut 16 studs out of stainless steel with a hacksaw. :D
I don't think all-thread has anywhere near the same tensile strength as a bolt would have. If you can find pre-made studs, I would go that route. Save making you're own as a last resort. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Mike Use a die grinder and make short work of it brotha! I did it on the Kachina. Like Squircha said, place a nut on the em first then cut it to length. Use the nut to straighten the threads. Would only take an hour to cut em to 3" or bring it over & I'll cut em on my Hitachi rod cutter.
Dam this all sounds like tortcher:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I don't think all-thread has anywhere near the same tensile strength as a bolt would have. If you can find pre-made studs, I would go that route. Save making you're own as a last resort. Just my .02
They're threaded into aluminum. The threads would pull out before the stud broke whether it be store bought or home made.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts