Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where you guys finding stainless steel bolts for a good price these days, i'm tired of paying a arm and leg for local convienence. I remember there was a site that i think todd (TRG) recommended that had decient prices on hardware.

I need about 35 1" long 7/16-20 bolts, and 6 3.5" long 7/16-20 bolts, and 1 4" long 7/16-20 bolt. also need a washer, lock washer and nut for them all.. maybe nylon nut.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Where you guys finding stainless steel bolts for a good price these days, i'm tired of paying a arm and leg for local convienence. I remember there was a site that i think todd (TRG) recommended that had decient prices on hardware.

I need about 35 1" long 7/16-20 bolts, and 6 3.5" long 7/16-20 bolts, and 1 4" long 7/16-20 bolt. also need a washer, lock washer and nut for them all.. maybe nylon nut.

It's usually on sale at the hardware store 1/2 or more off :)sphss

McMaster Carr or local industral supplier

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts

If you lived in MI I could hook you up. I have a friend that supplies them at a very cheap price. When you buy at a hardware store you pay way to much $$$$$$$$

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
It's usually on sale at the hardware store 1/2 or more off :)sphss

McMaster Carr or local industral supplier
I don't think the hardware store would have 35 of one type of bolt.:D At least the ones around here don't, I'll go in needing 10 of something and only find 6 of them.:mad:

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I get my stuff from MC faddendale. Didn't know rex sold SS, gonna have to use your stuff from now on.

~Brian
I didn't know he sold SS either, and their at a hell of a good price too. That's where I'll be getting my SS bolts from now on too.:D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Not that it matters but anybody know why 7/16-20 bolts are cheaper than 7/16-14... is it just that -20 is a more common thread type?
Correct. 7/16-20 is the typical thread size for a 7/16" bolt. 7/16-14 is a much less common thread, thus less demand=more $$$.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts