Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Antique Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to say "thanks" for all of the input to my starter inquiry several months ago. One gentleman posted "buy a Meziere, it will pull a freight train down the tracks". After pondering spending that much money for a while, that statement stuck with me enough to talk to the Meziere tech, and order one through Summit. Although I ran short of running the alcohol boat last weekend as much as I wanted to because of a broken prop, there is no doubt it will start first time every time. I run 42 degrees of advance, locked in, and it is not necessary to hold the kill button whiz it over before the start. This was money well spent. Thanks again for the input, that starter is not only profoundly functional, it is a work of art.
Denis

· Antique Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meziere

Which series did you end up getting?
Sorry, I have been on the road for four days. I originally wanted the 300 series with the nose support, but they were on back order. I talked to the tech, and ended up with the 400 series, which is good for 700 cubes. It spins the alky motor like you can't believe.
Denis

· Registered
60 Posts
That's a hefty price tag but I'm sure well worth it. Starter troubles are one of those annoyances that can force one to send a hammer through the bottom of the hull in frustration. Thanks for the report, I'll definitly keep this starter in consideration.

· Antique Member
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$$

That's a hefty price tag but I'm sure well worth it. Starter troubles are one of those annoyances that can force one to send a hammer through the bottom of the hull in frustration. Thanks for the report, I'll definitly keep this starter in consideration.
The starter is kinda like the T & D rocker arm purchase, made me light headed, but they definitely are more reliable than anything else I've run. I lost the 8.0 2007 NJBA Championship because of a broken rocker arm coming out of the hole. If you think of the expense of getting that far and loosing because of an avoidable mechanical failure, it hurts. Sometimes more expensive is cheaper in the long run.
Denis

· Registered
4,038 Posts
The starter is kinda like the T & D rocker arm purchase, made me light headed, but they definitely are more reliable than anything else I've run. I lost the 8.0 2007 NJBA Championship because of a broken rocker arm coming out of the hole. If you think of the expense of getting that far and loosing because of an avoidable mechanical failure, it hurts. Sometimes more expensive is cheaper in the long run.
Denis
Pay once....cry once.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.