Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like the company I work for is folding...and the wife and I are moving to Boulder City, Nevada to work in Vegas! Any fellow boaters out there I contact for local info and maybe do some boating with. Ain't California great! NOT ANYMORE!!!

GS

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
What kind of work are you going to be doing in Vegas? Boulder City looks like a great place to live! I wish I would have moved there when I moved to town 11 years ago, it's a little late for me now.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well it looks like the company I work for is folding...and the wife and I are moving to Boulder City, Nevada to work in Vegas! Any fellow boaters out there I contact for local info and maybe do some boating with. Ain't California great! NOT ANYMORE!!!

GS
I have lived here for 5 years now, but I'm possibly moving let me know what you need to know...

·
Registered
323 Posts

GS
i have lived in henderson for 10 years. let me know if i can help! you might want to live closer to town depending on where you work. if you work on the north west side it will be a crappy commute every day.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Great area to move to....the drive into parts of Vegas will be hectic if you have a regular day job but living in boulder will be worth it....and you would only be 10-15 minutes away from the launch ramp and lake mead....:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All, thank you for your responses! I will for sure be in touch. I am going to be in town this Thursday and Friday, maybe sooner. As i just got home because shortly after my original post I got the call that they were closing the doors. Was one of the last cars out as they were getting ready to pad lock the gates. To answer one of the other questions I do production planning for a commercial printing company. Any way thaks for all the support and for you in the Vegas area I will contact you all so we can go do some boating.

GS

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Please Do Not Ever Forget!!

GS

You are Married and have a family to go home to and at times lean on,in these times the love,support etc. is priceless. Best of luck.

·
Happy Member
1,398 Posts
Great area to move to....the drive into parts of Vegas will be hectic if you have a regular day job but living in boulder will be worth it....and you would only be 10-15 minutes away from the launch ramp and lake mead....:D
Spoken from the Mayor and Land barron of Park Moabi. So when is that 2 story mobile coming ????:D:D:D

·
Box Pimp
2,260 Posts
All, thank you for your responses! I will for sure be in touch. I am going to be in town this Thursday and Friday, maybe sooner. As i just got home because shortly after my original post I got the call that they were closing the doors. Was one of the last cars out as they were getting ready to pad lock the gates. To answer one of the other questions I do production planning for a commercial printing company. Any way thaks for all the support and for you in the Vegas area I will contact you all so we can go do some boating.

GS
What company was that if you don't mind me asking?

·
The King
1,107 Posts
I was surfing yesterday and it was amazing the number of people I heard were laid off recently. It is startiing to become a reoccuring theme in the line up these days.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Good luck.

Tuff times ahead for everybody for sure.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's for sure Matt! I am fortunate enough to have something that looks like it is going to pan out for me even though it is out of state but I feel bad for all my
co-workers / friends I have been with these past 9 years. This state and the government BLOW!

GS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts