Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
yes but it could cause ecu probs if you do it for long periods ecu very sensative on newer boats.

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
You should never run a motor with the battery off- it will kill the diodes...let alone the ECU.

If you wanna see if it is charging, put a voltmeter on the battery.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
I'm one of the non reply bastards. Would you have been pissed if I would have just said yes and then you screwed up the ECU.:)bulb
this is exactly why i told him it would screw with his computer. every motor on the planet can run not hooked up to a battery cause the alt does all the work once its started 99 percent of batteries on cars trucks boats whatever are there primarily to start the boat. out put of an alternator is way greater than any draw on a battery. but for marine ecu's esp they require a constant 12v with out any surge to function without possible damage. no one here has to listen to anything anyone says, ever! myself if i ask a question its not cause im necessarily looking for an answer but just input cause i find if i ask others opinions it gets my brain working cause you (the other guy) may see it from a different angle than i am and may make me say hmmm didnt think about that. then i end up figureing it out on my own and if i mess up its my fault and only my fault. im always open to any and all advise. unless its just plain stupid and weve all seen those posts here on the boards:)sphss:D

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
why did this guy edit all his posts after the fact. was he just tring to start shizz??? all the quotes dont match the posts

·
(Masterator)
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious, why the edit of your posts?
Because of all the shit i was getting for a simple question!
Instead of just saying don't do it or any answer would have been great.
When i said non replying bastards everyone and their brother replied.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts

i thought i gave you a safe answer

U

·
0 Posts
I thought your question got answered clearly.

Help me here, you make the statements "non replying bastards" and "this forum is full of assholes" :)sphss Confusing

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.