Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is a senior at USC and I had a long discussion with him about Illegal Immigration. He sat quietly and listened and when I was done he said "dad although I agrees with all that you have said, immigration is a big problem in our country but there is a big statue in the middle of a harbor that represent the entry to our country and in her arms is plaque that says. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..." I for once in my life was speechless. :)eh:):)eh:):)eh:)

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our country's problem to date is Illegal immigration but we have a sign on our front door that doesn't specify. How do argue that one.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Coming to America and assimilating into the country as a true citizen is entirely different than coming in under the radar, fraudulently using the system, and sending the earnings back to the home country where they intend to one day return.

It isn't any different than sneaking into your neighbors garage and stealing half his cold beer each week.....;)

·
Spiral out
1,545 Posts
Coming to America and assimilating into the country as a true citizen is entirely different than coming in under the radar, fraudulently using the system, and sending the earnings back to the home country where they intend to one day return.

It isn't any different than sneaking into your neighbors garage and stealing half his cold beer each week.....;)
GREAT analogy.:)bulb

Thieves.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Our country's problem to date is Illegal immigration but we have a sign on our front door that doesn't specify. How do argue that one.

Besides, that statue was a gift from France and look at the mess they have.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Besides, that statue was a gift from France and look at the mess they have.
And it was given at a time when America NEEDED more people. Besides, as stated, it's a legal issue. The words emblazoned at the SOL aren't the law.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts

UOT- University of Old Texan :)devil

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts

It was not me.......:D:D:D

It's like the Live, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness......Pursuit does not mean you will obtain it but you can pursue it......Hence all the liberal pet projects like gay marriage. Pursuit is not a guantee of happiness just that you can work toward it.

pur·suit
Pronunciation: \pər-ˈsüt, -ˈsyüt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French pursute, from pursure
Date: 14th century

1 : the act of pursuing
2 : an activity that one engages in as a vocation, profession, or avocation : occupation synonyms see work

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
yea, I heard from a good source that you've changed over to Peach Ale so your beer stealing days are over :p
Never tried it....But I would imagine that is better than the O Kool Aid that our liberal friends are drinking!!!!:)sphss:)sphss:)sphss

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Besides you know Tex has Lonestar or Pabst in his fridge!:)devil
:))eek:)):))eek:))

I'm a micro brew man.......:D

Lonestar has been replaced by Shiner Bock as the Texas "go to" brew. I don't honestly believe I've ever saw Pabst sold in TX?????

You will find a couple Abita types in the old fridge on occasion. Brewed on the north shore in Abita Springs, LA .;)

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
:))eek:)):))eek:))

I'm a micro brew man.......:D

Lonestar has been replaced by Shiner Bock as the Texas "go to" brew. I don't honestly believe I've ever saw Pabst sold in TX?????

You will find a couple Abita types in the old fridge on occasion. Brewed on the north shore in Abita Springs, LA .;)

Shiner Bock is good.....Purple Haze....Abita....lots of brain cells lost on those.......more lost then the liberal movement has as a whole!

Don’t believe the Cas story, his jet boat protege likes pomegranate flavored beer and I give him hell for it so they try and pull me into the fruity flavored jet boat crowd.:)sphss

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Easily..... just tell him the French gave us the statue and they knew that in some-point in time common since would go out the window and the meaning would be interpreted in such away that the United States would get screwed by it.

Ask him if you have a door mat that reads " Welcome" does that mean everyone walking down the street can barge into your house?

Does the plaque mean that we should take people with illnesses of all kinds or should we screen those who are coming to our country?

You need to tell him it was never meant to be interpreted that we didn't care who came here it has only been in the past few decades that people have become so intellectually lazy that they refuse to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration and you would hope that someone who was smart enough to get into USC could recognize the difference....... And if not we are Doomed as a Nation. :)bulb

Sleeper CP

" Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" :)st

It's not the color of his skin that I have a problem with, it's the color of his Politics :)bulb

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Easily..... just tell him the French gave us the statue and they knew that in some-point in time common since would go out the window and the meaning would be interpreted in such away that the United States would get screwed by it.
SUMBICH! I always knew them frenchies was up to somethin no good.:|err:D

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Ask him if you have a door mat that reads " Welcome" does that mean everyone walking down the street can barge into your house?

Does the plaque mean that we should take people with illnesses of all kinds or should we screen those who are coming to our country?

You need to tell him it was never meant to be interpreted that we didn't care who came here it has only been in the past few decades that people have become so intellectually lazy that they refuse to distinguish between legal and illegal immigration and you would hope that someone who was smart enough to get into USC could recognize the difference....... And if not we are Doomed as a Nation. :)bulb

Sleeper CP

" Liberalism is a Mental Disorder" :)st

It's not the color of his skin that I have a problem with, it's the color of his Politics :)bulb
Good advise:
Ya he understands that. But with the Liberal teachers and professors at his school and most schools for that matter, they don't teach both sides only the lib, or the politically correct side. Sad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts