Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any rubs or marinades for steaks. i have been using the same ones for a while now and want to try something new. i have about 3 hours until the steaks go onto the grill.

thanks in advance:)devil

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I use some cheap italian salad dressing, pour most of the oil off of it and marinade the steaks in that for about 30 minutes.

I've got a cast iron skillet on the grill that I through some sliced onions and mushrooms in...those are marinaded in a olive oil/balsamic vinegar type deal...then after they are nicely browned, scoop it on your steaks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
1/2 cup Worchesterhire
Tbsp garlic powder
Tbsp black pepper
Tbsp kosher salt
tsp chili powder
tsp cumin
Tbsp onion powder
2Tbsp brown sugar
tsp paprika

Mix together and marinate for an hour or so. The worchestershire is strong so you can eliminate that if you want and just make a dry rub. I use fresh cracked pepper instead of ground, i can get the heat and sweet from the cracked peppercorns. I usually mix them up and fine tune it to taste before I marinate or rub it on...

·
Registered
392 Posts
X2. I also add garlic. If you buy good meat, theres no need to doctor it up that much.

Now when it comes to chicken, get creative! LOL
Agreed. If its a filet or ribeye, kosher salt..cracked pepper...and white pepper. Sear and enjoy.

Montreal is good on any steak and is easy to use..

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Kosher salt, pepper & a little garlic powder. Med rare. Seared.

Thread over! :)grn
YES, YES, YES! But definitely garlic POWDER, not the garlic salt! It makes so much difference! I like the way you think Cdog!

Mmmmmmmmmmm!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.