Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but maybe someone can answer this for me. I have a jet drive I bought this boat 3 mo ago and today i just decided to steer the steering wheel and it would slightly move but not turn and the jet in the back was not moving at all. Does the boat have to be on for this to even work or what the heck is going on. Is my steering cable broken? sorry im new to this its my first boat and im lost
-H-

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Dont know if this is the right place to ask this question but maybe someone can answer this for me. I have a jet drive I bought this boat 3 mo ago and today i just decided to steer the steering wheel and it would slightly move but not turn and the jet in the back was not moving at all. Does the boat have to be on for this to even work or what the heck is going on. Is my steering cable broken? sorry im new to this its my first boat and im lost
-H-
The most likely scenario is your steering cable is frozen up. This is typical of cables several years old.

Depending on system you may be able to replace just the cable.

If you'd like information on cables etc. try to find brand name/part number on cable or take a digital image of it.

You can email it to us at [email protected] and we can let you know what you have and pricing to replace..

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any way i can fix my cable without having to replace or is it pretty much trash now. So should i be able to turn the jet drive without needing to be in water or having the engine on???

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
is there any way i can fix my cable without having to replace or is it pretty much trash now. So should i be able to turn the jet drive without needing to be in water or having the engine on???
There is no way to salvage a corroded cable for any length of time. They are not that expensive to replace. Yes it should turn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts