Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
415 M3
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went through the Rogers for a safety check before I take it out. The Rack and pinion is ancient, made by Mercury. Lots of slop and the cable is not very smooth. Im thinkin a new steering system is a good idea. What system have you guys used that you were impressed with (besides Calgo). Gonna replace the throtle cable as well. What's a good cable? Where do I get some grade 8 bolts and nylocks for the loader. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a Morse 33c throttle cable 15ft brand new in box if you need it.
as far as grade 8 hardware, try your local Kragen, Or a private parts house if you have one.

·
415 M3
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Morse 33c throttle cable 15ft brand new in box if you need it.
as far as grade 8 hardware, try your local Kragen, Or a private parts house if you have one.
Thanks for the offer, appreciate that. Cable length in my application is 12'. Im wanting to replace the whole system.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Thanks for the offer, appreciate that. Cable length in my application is 12'. Im wanting to replace the whole system.
Let me know what you need for hardware (size, thread, etc) and I'll put it in the mail for you, just pm me your address. As far as the rest I would just put a new R&P back in. They work just fine in jet boats, no need for anything fancy unless your are racing. Call Bergeron they will answer any ?'s you have. 480-834-1531. Ask for Brian or Phil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
for about $230 you can get a brand new teleflex steering system at west marine. Thats what I did and threw the whole mercury system out.

·
415 M3
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered all the stuff I needed to replace from Rex Marine today. Did some price comparisons and they came out on top. I will post up some pics when the new stuff is installed. The loader was loose, just a reminder if you need to check out your hardware before you start boating.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts