Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the deal on the steering with twin cables on a new drag style jet hull. Seems like old school but i know little about the jet boats. Is it better than the standard steering?
Please explain what it the best steering setup for a fast jet.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I would say the calgo steering would be the best. But I don't know much. I will be doing the calgo or dual steering this winter.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of questions lately Badbug, what are you building?
i ve got this real nice twin turbo all aluminum donovan efi bbc motor and i thought i would find a jet to put it in to race with a lot of friends that are now doing some 1/8th mile racing with all sorts of boats, especially some serious outboards. The boat i built this motor for is not worthy of drag racing from a dead stop.

·
Registered
979 Posts
i ve got this real nice twin turbo all aluminum donovan efi bbc motor and i thought i would find a jet to put it in to race with a lot of friends that are now doing some 1/8th mile racing with all sorts of boats, especially some serious outboards. The boat i built this motor for is not worthy of drag racing from a dead stop.
Thats quite the impressive engine, what kind of numbers?:)devil

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
If your the same guy Im thinking you are Ive followed some of your threads on other forums and youve been posting on a few message boards for quite a few years. I remember some bad ass engines you were doing a few years ago with billet blocks I think?

Bring your engine out here and stick it in one of our boats and lets run blown gas jet and get a record.:)grn

·
Registered
441 Posts
What does that engine weigh? There is a deck boat down in the az/socal area with a big turbo mill that looks to be alot of fun. CS19 knows the boat. That would be neat to duplicate. I wish there was a detailed thread/post on the boat I am referring to. Chris may have went for a ride in it.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
What does that engine weigh? There is a deck boat down in the az/socal area with a big turbo mill that looks to be alot of fun. CS19 knows the boat. That would be neat to duplicate. I wish there was a detailed thread/post on the boat I am referring to. Chris may have went for a ride in it.
You're talking about "Here Comes Wifey" one of the baddest boats on the river that's for sure.:)devil

·
Registered
212 Posts
I would say the calgo steering would be the best. But I don't know much. I will be doing the calgo or dual steering this winter.
Whats the reason your changing it ? Why do you think its better? Does it respond better or is just a lighter setup for someone watching every pound?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Whats the reason your changing it ? Why do you think its better? Does it respond better or is just a lighter setup for someone watching every pound?
if you take a brand new Morse cable out of the box, there is a significant amound of slop or play in the cable. CS19 and I once measured 13-degrees of slop in my place diverter cable. At high speeds, you dont want the steering to be able to pivot due to slop in the cable. The Calgo system is adjustable so you can quickly remove the play in the cables. Its a more precise steering system IMO and if you maintain it, its very easy to work on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts