Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to collect parts for rigging my Daytona. I have an old rack-n-pinion from another boat. I'm going to install a new one, but the side of the boat is too close to the rack and the cable will not bend that sharp to work. I had a calgo set up in the last boat but it's too pricey now.
What are all you 19' Daytona owners running, "a Rotary Helm"? What am I missing? "Besides the cash for a calgo"

Thanks in advance, be safe. schick

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have seen them with the rack turned 180 and use a longer cable or run the cable down the other side of the boat.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that last night and thought it would be backwards, but thinking it over all I would have to do is change the rack from bottom to top also. Thanks. Hows your ride comming. Be safe, schick

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about that last night and thought it would be backwards, but thinking it over all I would have to do is change the rack from bottom to top also. Thanks. Hows your ride comming. Be safe, schick

·
Registered
829 Posts
i had a rack and pinion in my daytona. when i compared it to the one on my older southwind, the new one was thiner and shorter. maybe you have an older one, causing it to not fit as good.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hows your ride comming. Be safe, schick[/QUOTE]Its comming along great! Been a long time but motor is done, now its time for more nickle and dime stuff.lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts