Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an old rack and pinion type steering system in my eliminator bubble deck. the cable is getting stiff so i want to just go with the steering box kit. i went to rex marine today and told the guy about the steering box kit i wanna convert to and he said those are weak and not to use them. Is this true or is he sniffin some crack?​

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I think I would call Tom at Jetboat Performance and talk to him or Josh. I would go back to new rack and pinion. It works great on my boat and will be installed on my new little hotrod. Simple to hook up and no maintainence.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
i have an old rack and pinion type steering system in my eliminator bubble deck. the cable is getting stiff so i want to just go with the steering box kit. i went to rex marine today and told the guy about the steering box kit i wanna convert to and he said those are weak and not to use them. Is this true or is he sniffin some crack?​
What is this so-called "steering box kit"? What manufacturer? You do know that in all likelyhood you can simply replace your cable assembly.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
where can you get just the morse cable??
The old Command 200 rack replacement cables (Teleflex) are still available. Morse was purchased by Teleflex several years ago. Just not the old Morse rotaries aren't available. The Command 200 is a good helm if not worn out or damaged in some way.

The new Teleflex rack in the box complete kits are only $149 also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts