Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· someofamitch
276 Posts
Is it new? if not go here and buy. http://www.casalev-drive.com/ don't mess around with used stuff in this area. You have no idea what kind of upkeep it has been through and do you want another $450 part that looks like the one you already have?
If your serious about 400 hp i would imagine the swirlaway would work just fine for you, but call and talk to the people it's $600, that's only an extra $150 for something brand new, you never know they might give you a break. Or contact JJ Beaverfab here on the boards he is also a good source for quality shaft releases. Please don't scrimp on this part in your boat.:)hand

· Precision Craft Marine
1,529 Posts
Dude, This is the best advise you will ever get. Buy a real whirl-a-way. You can not put a price on safety. The swirl-a-way is supposed to be a less expensive material on the dogs. Your choice on that, But most guys keep stepping on the power harder, so that would mean you may have to replace at a later date. Buying used dogs is not the answer either, and you will kick yourself in the ass, when you grenade the engine over this engagment system. Save your money, and do it right the first time. If you read this site much, You will have learned from all of the mistakes on here . I wish I was advised when I started this madness. I wasted many days and nights, and thousands of dollars. Dont be that guy. Please, do not take this the wrong way, it is your ass, and others around you. When I was 18, I put a beautiful young lady under the deck of my runner bottom,When the engine blew up, and watched the steering cables tear her open, because I did not have a good operating w/w assmembly. That poor girl has life time scars because of my stupid ass, Hot rodding with passengers.

· Break Out Another Thousnd
2,003 Posts
x3 to what these fellas are saying. I have one of JJ's units in my flat and it performs flawlessly. My first 70 mph run in that boat without it put me on the dash when I took my foot out of it. Thank God I did not have a passenger. Wish I would have known these guys back then.

· i got skiillllzzzz....
884 Posts
whirlaway

here is a little pic of my stearing wheel bent to shit from not haveing a whirlaway.the guy i got it from about went over the front of the boat.he let off at 90+ when it started hopping.he said it was all he could do to hold on to the wheel.please buy yourself one.it might keep you off the water a little longer.but in the long run you will be safe.:)hand

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.