Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
250280_1847565318685_1527248310_31401473_7783037_n[1].jpg 284373_1847573838898_1527248310_31401501_4664036_n.jpg

I need a stereo for my tahiti that has been completely renovated. It was a hulk out in a field. I would like some small speakers on the sides and some lager ones in the middle. I need some mounting options also.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
my 73 tahiti stereo

This is my 73 tahiti that was also a rotting hull full of water. Anyway, here is how i mounted the speakers and the head unit. I was unhappy about cutting the dash, but that was my only option at the time. You can see the sub and amp in this picture, but ive cleaned all those wires up and its totally hidden now. I had to custom make the piece for the 2 small speakers. The rear speakers where cut for me when they rebuilt the seats. 2010-09-17_18-39-13_318.jpg P9161422.jpg

·
SOUTHERN HOATBOATER
46 Posts
my brother and i both have low profile jets and wanted the same thing. So instead of cutting the dash for a radio we both mounted our speakers and wired up an amp. Went to radio shack and bought a 10.00 rca jack setup with a male 3.5mm end just like a head phone jack. Then you can use any mp3, ipod, or cell phone as your deck. It actually works really good and best part of it is no cutting. Alot of mp3 players have a radio setting if you just want to listen to your local stations,pandora on an internet phone is awesome too.

just another option for you
steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
^^ Agreed

Aquatic AV has some nice products. They offer a couple of water-proof boxes that you just plug your Ipod into, they're amplified 45wx4, come with remote, will actually charge your mp3 player while plugged in, and I think one or both have a built in FM tuner. One of these could be mounted out of sight also

Here's a link to there site
Source Units | Aquatic AV

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my 73 tahiti that was also a rotting hull full of water. Anyway, here is how i mounted the speakers and the head unit. I was unhappy about cutting the dash, but that was my only option at the time. You can see the sub and amp in this picture, but ive cleaned all those wires up and its totally hidden now. I had to custom make the piece for the 2 small speakers. The rear speakers where cut for me when they rebuilt the seats. View attachment 127766 View attachment 127767
I'm glad there are people out there like us that are saving these boats. It is a beautiful boat ! good job!

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my brother and i both have low profile jets and wanted the same thing. So instead of cutting the dash for a radio we both mounted our speakers and wired up an amp. Went to radio shack and bought a 10.00 rca jack setup with a male 3.5mm end just like a head phone jack. Then you can use any mp3, ipod, or cell phone as your deck. It actually works really good and best part of it is no cutting. Alot of mp3 players have a radio setting if you just want to listen to your local stations,pandora on an internet phone is awesome too.

just another option for you
steve
Thanks for your input. On ebay they offered a motorcycle/boat amp and speakers. But i can't get it to work with my sat. sirius. So i need an option....

·
tintingsandiego
1,063 Posts
You dont need a radio unless your sat unit is your radio. All small devises have a aux/stereo/headphone out. Phones, sat unit or ipod will plug right into your amp. I would choose a small box to fit under your dash with a couple subs/ 6x9's and amp. A 1/8" stereo to rca wire will connect....I have a couple drive inns for extra fun with mb quarts inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts