Performance Boats Forum banner

Stock market predictions

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Lavey29 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, this debt limit crap sure seems to be having an affect on the market which was already a house of cards shaking to begin with. I have pulled everything and moved into a stable fund to ride out the wave here just in case we get some serious volatility behind this. Anyone else have any thoughts or predictions on this one?

#4 · (Edited)
Well, this debt limit crap sure seems to be having an affect on the market which was already a hosue of cards shaking to begin with. I have pulled everything and moved into a stable fund to ride out the wave here just in case we get some serious volatility behind this. Anyone else have any thoughts or predictions on this one?
Leaning towards the "what if nothing had been done for Y2K theory". Lots of media drama build up, yet a fairly simple but shortterm painful cost. I kinda hope they don't reach an agreement and they see in a short time what could happen if actions aren't taken instead of this posturing. If that happens, in a very very short time, they will stop posturing and actually do something to fix things. Maybe accomplish something in days instead of the months spent posturing in the spotlight.

Instead of steadily applying more bandaids because it's too painful to take them off, I'd rather rip them off quick and move on.

If this happens, maybe a dark Tuesday kinda day, but quick rebound when everyone comes to senses. Moved tax exempt money into safe havens for the next couple weeks but it's not worth the tax exposure on anything else I think.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Well, this debt limit crap sure seems to be having an affect on the market which was already a hosue of cards shaking to begin with. I have pulled everything and moved into a stable fund to ride out the wave here just in case we get some serious volatility behind this. Anyone else have any thoughts or predictions on this one?
A lot of the market's fall had to do with the slow growth rate of 1.3%, a few large companies recently announcing large layoffs, and the lack of consumer confidence. Some of the latter has to do with worry about the debt limit but a lot has to do with the layoffs.

#6 ·
I have a lot of mining stocks. They are doing great and I expect them to do better as the prices of gold and silver keep going up. However I do believe there is a big crash coming soon. This budget thing will be small compared to what is coming.

#7 ·
Pulled completely out of the market and invested most of my money in a good friends company that has experienced good growth in the past five years, and has a bunch of upside potential. Will start back up on a new 401K here pretty aggressively come early part of next year...

#8 · (Edited)
GOLD! :)devil

Its the only think worth anything anymore. Remember when our paper money used to say back by gold, not backed by the Federal Reserve? The Federal Reserve is nothing but a printing press.

I also have investments in China and Canada. I moved almost everything a few years ago, and it will be a while before I bring it back here. I used to have US bonds but dumped them 2 years ago, thank heavens!

I'm keeping my eyes on the next construction boom. I know it wont be for a long time, but I'm trying to see who will be big players in this. I'll invest into them and sit it out eventually.

I'll have to say I made the most (relatively short-term and recent) was with Net Flix. I bought them in 2009 and couldn't be happier. I took some money I made with Budget that year and bought some of them

#15 ·
Proceed with caution! This is going to be a very bumpy ride as Washington seems to have chosen the wrong road? Imagine that?
Who would've thought a country in terrible financial trouble could possibly get worse off by borrowing and spending more where zero returns would be derived?
We have elected an entire administration of financial buffoons and the markets are finally realizing it world-wide.

Food Storage, Water and Ammunition seem to be in vogue these days. :D

#17 ·
Was up first thing this morning, but has since turned into slightly negative territory. Can't really see anything that is going to cause a positive "rally" anytime in the immediate future unfortunately. Good news is mortgage rates are in the cellar... :cool:

#21 ·
Was up first thing this morning, but has since turned into slightly negative territory. Can't really see anything that is going to cause a positive "rally" anytime in the immediate future unfortunately. Good news is mortgage rates are in the cellar... :cool:

Along with home values,,,,,,but I may try and get a 3.25% on a 15 year for the Havasu house. I am at 4.25 now on a 20 with 18 years to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.