Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will still need to determine the reward amount on this.

That being said i need some help on this.

On 5-28-09 someone stole this 2004 Supra from the Twin Peaks area of Lake Arrowhead. On 5-31-09 it was recovered stripped west of the I-15 and Hesperia.

The instruments are missing, controls cut out, sound system gone, and the PCM engine, drive shaft, and supporting brackets and prop were taken. All exhaust is missing too. I suspect this was all done up on the "hill". NO desert sand is in the boat. This does not look alike a tweaker theft.

Someone has an inboard boat that needed all new components including the engine. The tower is left intact....

Please e mail me at [email protected] , or pm me on this.
This is very unusual for the Lake Arrowhead area.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

PI

Attachments

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
sounds fishy, how much was it insured for?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was towed away on the trailer. Trailer found with wheels missing and brakes (disc) disconnected. They know boat trailers..

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Wow, that's up in my hood! I would check w/ALA (Arrowhead Lake Association) in about 2 weeks to see if any ski boats were registered for their lake permit sticker.

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
That sucks, This may have happend because the dealer in corona, Island marine went under, Making it hard to get parts for that boat now. I guess this is just a easy way for some people to get parts, And figure just let some one eles deal with no parts and a messed up boat.:|err:(:(

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was purchased at Island Marine. All of these parts are not unique to Supra, except for perhaps the insturments or the plastic cluster. they sawzalled out the controls from the sdie bolster area, but aside from cutting the hull to remove the shaft mount, it was fairly clean strip. Not a screw left behind.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I'd look for a rebuilt tweaked out Bayliner.......:)sphss

Sounds more like someone has an existing hull and they are doing a rebuild or the parts are going out of state. The Tower is too hard to hide, both leaving the scene and on the "new" boat so they didn't mess with it or they have one on the boat they stole the parts for.

Hope they are caught.....:|err

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
Looks similar to a boat that is by our house in Arrowhead (We are on Thunderbird in Twin Peaks). The people leave the boat in the driveway, with nothing blocking the boat. Ive always wondered how they were so trusting. If our boat wasnt on the water, it was down the hill where we could store it secured. As the insurance company im surprised they arent looking into the area in which the boat was kept, I know most insurance companies require a disclosure as to the security of where the boat is kept.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just learned from the Sb So deputies that found the boat that it was dumped with in 1 day of it being stolen. The crooks used a a full size
4 x 4 towed to it 1 mile into the desert to dump it, removed the wheels and split.

Stolen from maxson inTwin Peaks

U

·
0 Posts
I just learned from the Sb So deputies that found the boat that it was dumped with in 1 day of it being stolen. The crooks used a a full size
4 x 4 towed to it 1 mile into the desert to dump it, removed the wheels and split.

Stolen from maxson inTwin Peaks
KJ, I know you're the BoatPI but I would be looking real close at this one. JMHO of course.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I look at everything real close, but with an open mind.

I just got a new client John, a antique/classic car insurer. Up my alley again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts