Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have absolutely no idea why those guys didnt drop someone to get there trucks and drive around to the marina. The south ramp at the marina is inside the breakwall and shielded by rows and rows of slips and houseboats. Makes no sense trying to load or unload at the 10 lane.

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
With those kind of waves coming in from the stern, you only get one shot at the trailer. I would have gone for shelter instead of the trailer if that's the only ramp.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
With those kind of waves coming in from the stern, you only get one shot at the trailer. I would have gone for shelter instead of the trailer if that's the only ramp.
been better off beaching it on sand/ dirt than serrated cement.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
been better off beaching it on sand/ dirt than serrated cement.
There really isn't any dirt or sand to beach on at Pleasant... Mostly rock where there is beach. We got caught up in one of those storms one night a few years ago and they sank somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 boats... That lake turns very big in a hurry. Best bet is to point back into the storm and ride it out as they typically don't last very long. Pleasant Harbor Marina is an excellent place to wait out the storm as it's protected by land as well as a breakwater. As was pointed out, you have one shot at the trailer and there isn't much control when the wind and waves are throwing you around.

·
Boat Bling Distributor
1,163 Posts
O HELL!! I have seen that happen many times here at home best thing to do is wait it out, and not in the no wake zone I have seen people loose there mind and do some stuipd chit in weather like that on the water & the ramp. Best to hang outside of the no wake take the weather and when it clears load up.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
That just sucks. Proper training would have prevented that mess( unless the boats engine died) then you throw an anchor and hope for the best.

Darrell.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I have absolutely no idea why those guys didnt drop someone to get there trucks and drive around to the marina. The south ramp at the marina is inside the breakwall and shielded by rows and rows of slips and houseboats. Makes no sense trying to load or unload at the 10 lane.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Who would tie off their boat in "seas" like that? Not even a novice mistake. That is a hot load and go.

The hardest lessions lessons learn are the longest rembered.

·
Nuclear Powered
1,281 Posts
A buddy sent these from Pleasant a few days ago. For a little lake it can dish out some chit

There outboard boats. Outboards can handle it :|err

Yup that sucks. Hope no one got hurt. That stuff is dangerous. This is a few weeks earlier than usual for the monsoon to arrive, but I bet the dew point average over the last 4 days was above 55 degrees

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Hurts to look at those pictures. Just hope no one was injured during that mess.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
When Pleasant gets nasty its no joke. Cant see the tentacles from the monster at pleasant on either of them bassers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts