Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the registration plate for my pump I have "TP-103" stamped on it. Anyone know what this means, it looks like it was added later. So, my best guess would be that it is the mark of the pump shop that did the work to my pump, but I don't know what shop did the work. Does anyone recognize these markings? I know a lot of you guys are performance pump shops, so I will eventually figure it out. Thank you.

Here is a picture of the plate. Thanks.

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody has anything to say?:)eh:)

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
perhaps Tom Papp... Some of the guys here knew him. They'll chime in Im sure if they knew of his doing this...

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perhaps Tom Papp... Some of the guys here knew him. They'll chime in Im sure if they knew of his doing this...

Where is Tom Papp located? California? Thanks.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Where is Tom Papp located? California? Thanks.
he passed away not very long ago. if you've got 1 of his pumps, you've got a nice piece of jetboat memorabilia(sp?) :)devil

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he passed away not very long ago. if you've got 1 of his pumps, you've got a nice piece of jetboat memorabilia(sp?) :)devil

The pump looks very nicely done. So if it is one of his, then he did very good work.:)

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
Tommy didn't keep individual pump records or do serial numbers like that, I highly highly doubt that it has anything to do with Tom Papp.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
nobody cares. you're just gonna take it apart and change everything anyways. then buy a used impeller off ebay :D
Well, yea, that's how you get a 100mph boat. :D

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
youll get alot of that seems they dont want to help and just make fun either b/c they dont care,know or give a rats ass about it,or they are makin fun b/c of all the post you made in short order get use to it.:)handlol!!!!

i have no idea what the markins are sorry i couldnt help maybe someone will help you:)bulb

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Personally, I don't give a rats ass either. I was just curious and thought somebody might know, so I started the thread.

It is now a pump built by Patrick, the damn things been completely disassembled, cleaned-up, modified, and put back together, entirely my me. So those markings are insignificant, except when it comes to my impeller, which I only did some minor smoothing to, but was turned down to a B by the person that those markings belong to. Thought it might be some big company, I mean I am new to all of this, so I don't know a lot of the stuff that is obvious to you guys. Or it might me some guy working out of his garage on some mountaintop in Eastern Kentucky that nobody has heard of. Just thought I'd ask. Thanks everyone.:D

·
Registered
601 Posts
unless you know for 100% certain without a doubt that the pump has never been touched since those markings were put there. then the markings are useless (even if you could find out who put them there and what they mean). my suggestion is to grind off the rivets and throw the plate in the trash

1 - 20 of 20 Posts