Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find out how i can fix these holes for my shoe the previous owner drilled the holes crooked and went all the way through i tried marine tex but im not happy with that can a machine shop fill and re drill the holes thanks for your help

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are what i wanted to use but the picture doesnt really show how bad it is i think i would havw to drill 1/2'' hole to get em straight again

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
those are what i wanted to use but the picture doesnt really show how bad it is i think i would havw to drill 1/2'' hole to get em straight again
That is where the machine shop comes in. They will have the equipment to square it up and drill as small a hole as possible to make the repair. Those big-certs from Time-cert are made to fix a hole that has already been repaired with a coil type insert. They are going to be pretty large.

Good luck with what ever you do. I'm sure it can be fixed fairly easily by a good machine shop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They said they wouldn't be able to get the aluminum hot enough to get any penatration I even told Em to open the holes and fill it back up they were probably scared of messing it up

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They said they wouldn't be able to get the aluminum hot enough to get any penatration I even told Em to open the holes and fill it back up they were probably scared of messing it up. I didn't mean to post twice

·
Registered
546 Posts
intake

They said they wouldn't be able to get the aluminum hot enough to get any penatration I even told Em to open the holes and fill it back up they were probably scared of messing it up. I didn't mean to post twice
ship it to me and i will tig the holes closed for free, one day turn-a-round , you pay the freight. :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Johnray that's very nice of you . Where will it be shipping to ? And Do you know the problem the other 3 guys were talking about ?
37303 pm me for address. probably a reluctance from them because it is cast and a boat part. weld a lot of aluminum and do not have a problem. tip to them i put the parts in the powder coat over and pre heat them 4-500 degrees and it makes a much easier and better weld. if you want to take me up on the offer its good anytime. johnny

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
37303 pm me for address. probably a reluctance from them because it is cast and a boat part. weld a lot of aluminum and do not have a problem. tip to them i put the parts in the powder coat over and pre heat them 4-500 degrees and it makes a much easier and better weld. if you want to take me up on the offer its good anytime. johnny

Bingo. Everyone is afraid of boat parts, or trailer parts! haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts