Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 76 Sutphen Jet boat with a stuck throttle and pump cable...can not push the lever forward only backward...
Any advice to lubricate (which I hope would free the cables) would be helpful since it does not have a cable but a steel rod that slides back and forth (I think)
thanks...

·
Registered
187 Posts
i have a 76 Sutphen Jet boat with a stuck throttle and pump cable...can not push the lever forward only backward...
Any advice to lubricate (which I hope would free the cables) would be helpful since it does not have a cable but a steel rod that slides back and forth (I think)
thanks...
Personally, I wouldn't try to cut corners here, replacement costs are very reasonable and an easy DIY project.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't try to cut corners here, replacement costs are very reasonable and an easy DIY project.
I agree👍 if you know the cable is fairly new but it rusted you can slide a foot of 5/8 or 3/4 rubber hose over one end and hose clamp it to the cable, fill the hose with oil then put a shop air hose fitting in the other end and clamp it down tight. Regulate shop air pressure down to around 30psi and with air fitting end of hose pointed up so all the oil in hose is in the bottom, put air pressure to it and it'll push the oil into the cable and out the other end. Cheap temp fix

·
Registered
597 Posts
KROIL this is the stuff to use but keep it to yourself I dont want everyone on PB to find out. :shhh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts