Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best stud girdle for bbc gen 4, performer rpm #61459 alu, thanks I have the comp cam 1 piece, wanted to up grade. Thanks agian.

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Be sure it is a good one and fits perfect or your going backwards. Not really necessary until a excess after 6000 rpm. So I been told.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Do not plan on spinning past 6000, but it is a solid roller, it seem,s some say not needed?.
I recommend a girdle with any solid roller, no matter how high you spin it. JMO, YMMV.

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,075 Posts
Stud Girdle...

The OP says he has the Comp one-peice. Steel says he recommends a girdle if you run solid roller. Bobbylisa can you tell us what part no. you have that you want to upgrade ? And why ? Thanks for your time, Jack. Scott, what is ymmv ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The one piece fit,s nice, but it is a little work get it on-off, and a little extra work when checking valve lash, I have oil leaking past my guide seal,s so I was going to pull it down to look at some seal,s, (upgrade) get a good one that is not a one piece. That,s it, thank,s

Attachments

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
The OP says he has the Comp one-peice. Steel says he recommends a girdle if you run solid roller. Bobbylisa can you tell us what part no. you have that you want to upgrade ? And why ? Thanks for your time, Jack. Scott, what is ymmv ?
"Your mileage may vary"...

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
The one piece fit,s nice, but it is a little work get it on-off, and a little extra work when checking valve lash, I have oil leaking past my guide seal,s so I was going to pull it down to look at some seal,s, (upgrade) get a good one that is not a one piece. That,s it, thank,s
For functionality the one piece is best as long as it fits right. They are a bit of a nuisance taking on and off. If you change to a multi-piece I wouldn't consider it an upgrade.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I recommend a girdle with any solid roller, no matter how high you spin it. JMO, YMMV.
And if you don't understand why pull a valve cover and crank the motor over with 220/500 springs, the studs flop in the breeze.. Added bonus with a girdle, no worries if the set screw for the poly lock isn't quite tight enough...don't ask how i know that:shock:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts