Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What stud girdles do you guys prefer?

I have the Brodix one on my BBC in the Miller, with Brodix heads.

I am wanting to purchase set up for the hydro. (BBC w/ iron Chevy heads)

The Brodix one has the screws that clamp on the adj. nut, I don't use the allen screws on the adj.
Thinking of going with the Comp. Cams one.

Any opinions?

Here is the one I am looking at:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=CCA-4021&autoview=sku

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look like the best for ease of maintenance for sure. With the Comp. one it looks like you have to remove all the exhaust adjusters to take off the girdle.
Do you use the allen screw with the Websters'? Can you loosen it enough to slip it on without pulling adjusters?
Looks really good!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats good enough to convince me!
Thanks guys', I'll call them today.:)devil:)devil

1,011 Posts
I use a Crane girdle on my Brodix BB2+ heads. Can get them on and off with the adjuster nuts on. I don't know about not using the set srews in the nuts thou. I had an exhaust nut with the set screw back off once with the girdle on to where the push rod came out. Would have thought the girdle would have held it. May have been a freak deal.

Tim

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used the Crane U-bolt ones in the past on milder motors and smallblocks. Not real keen on the whole U-Bolt deal.
I don't think they combat flex as much as a solid clamp bar, especially on high lift roller applications. just my .02.
Thanks though! I found on the Brodix that when you tighten the bar screw onto the adjuster, it changes the lash and becomes difficult to get the adj. set screw and the bar set screw to work together.

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
1,099 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Websters are shipping tomorrow, Thanks Guys!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts