Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
might wanna check valvetrain geometry 1st;)

·
steelcomp was here
26,526 Posts
Aluminum heads w/ roller springs...IMO it's a given.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Uh...before I mount my 049's should I consider ARP rocker studs, or just stick with the OE GM's ?
170 seat, 425 over the nose >5200 rpm

·
Village Idiot
3,481 Posts
Uh...before I mount my 049's should I consider ARP rocker studs, or just stick with the OE GM's ?
170 seat, 425 over the nose >5200 rpm
If you are using stud girdles you don't need new studs as the girdles help support the studs. If you were going with monster springs I might say yes.

Paul

·
BTC cardcarrying member
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JOM 1113 JOMAR PRO-MODEL ROCKER ARM STUD GIRDLE
Chevy 396-502 Pro-Model Girdle Bars, fits head w/stock stud location The Jomar Pro-Model Stud Girdle is the best on the market today. The advantages... $167.58

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Dons correct get the 1113, the adjusting nuts come with the girdles so dont buy aditional ones.

2 of my buddy's are running the 1113 and i just installed the 1114 on my AFR's
perfect fit on all three.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Dons correct get the 1113, the adjusting nuts come with the girdles so dont buy aditional ones....
Nope, they don't or at least not anymore..earler today I ordered the 1113 Jomar's from Teague, the rep said ...> "yep comes with everything".
Well, later today he called my cell and said...> "sorry I was wrong the poly locks are extra"...I cancled the order. :)st

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Nope, they don't or at least not anymore..earler today I ordered the 1113 Jomar's from Teague, the rep said ...> "yep comes with everything".
Well, later today he called my cell and said...> "sorry I was wrong the poly locks are extra"...I cancled the order. :)st

that SUX,

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,811 Posts
For what it's worth an old CompCams 4021 stud girdle I picked up used on a GM 990 head. It fit fine just a little more hassle than say the Websters.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts