1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Agree on what you said. She should have had a fence around the pool. Seems in this day and age that no one wants to take personal responsibility on anything.

A lady is sueing a doggy door company because her child wend out the dog door and got to the pool. She said she was not aware that that could happen.

Its very sad she lost her son, but blaming it on the dog door company for not having a label on the box? Common

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/AmazingAnimals/story?id=7561260&page=1

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Exactly. Is extremely sad that they lost a child but it could have been prevented had they had a fence around the pool or she didnt let the child out of her sights.

Agreed, very sad, but take responsibility for your own negligence!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
She is responsible. No one else. It was her child. I feel bad for her loss, but part of the bigger problem in this country today is people not taking responsibility for their own actions. Darwinism.

·
Registered
410 Posts
If this mother is looking for someone to take responibility for this, she should look in the mirror. I think the mother should be brought up on charges of child endangerment, negligent manslaughter, or both. Or at least taken out back and subjected to some tough justice.

I live in Anaheim Hills and it is mandated you have a fence enclosing your pool so this won't happen...

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
At least some of the comments at the bottom of the story are echoing the sentiments here. This lawsuit is yet another example of the 'it's not my fault mentality' that a liberal social and educational agenda perpetuates and encourages. Until people are held accountable for their own actions, or lack of actions, this country will continue it's spiral down the drain...

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
Some what similar situtation I am going through right now. Nieghbors mini dobbie pinkers are always getting out and coming into my front yard (fenced and gated) My dogs luckily can not get in the front yard (another fence) They are a nice couple and always have called the dogs lunch and dinner however I have expressed my concerns. Well 5 days ago they got out again and got into my backyard where one of my more agressive dogs just tore one up. I rushed the lady and her dog to the pet hospital but unfortunately the dog died yesterday (looked like he might pull through). So now she wants ME to pay for it. As a dog lover I feel real extremely sorry about it and even worse that my dog did it but not responsible. Want to make things right and not have any issues with them in the future over this.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
I am more mad at the court system and ultimately the jury that will award her millions of dollars.

The verdict should be that she is sterilized to save her from making more stupid decisions with her children.

People need to wake up and take reponsibility for their own decisions.

Harsh? Maybe. But it is reality.

Brian

·
Unhyphenated American
1,938 Posts
Some what similar situtation I am going through right now. Nieghbors mini dobbie pinkers are always getting out and coming into my front yard (fenced and gated) My dogs luckily can not get in the front yard (another fence) They are a nice couple and always have called the dogs lunch and dinner however I have expressed my concerns. Well 5 days ago they got out again and got into my backyard where one of my more agressive dogs just tore one up. I rushed the lady and her dog to the pet hospital but unfortunately the dog died yesterday (looked like he might pull through). So now she wants ME to pay for it. As a dog lover I feel real extremely sorry about it and even worse that my dog did it but not responsible. Want to make things right and not have any issues with them in the future over this.
That is an unfortunate incident and it sucks that you had to go through all the trauma and stress. It is just another case of someone else's lack of responsibility negatively effecting someone else! I don't think its up to you to make it right, the lady should have been apologizing to you for what she put you through not the other way around.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Agree on what you said. She should have had a fence around the pool. Seems in this day and age that no one wants to take personal responsibility on anything.
A fence would've helped.. but would've even been better is if she was watching her kid to begin with?

What exactly are you thinking you should do here? Are you thinking of paying the vet bill?

That is an unfortunate incident and it sucks that you had to go through all the trauma and stress. It is just another case of someone else's lack of responsibility negatively effecting someone else! I don't think its up to you to make it right, the lady should have been apologizing to you for what she put you through not the other way around.
Exactly..

RD

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
I wonder if a regular door company could have been sued for not having a label on the door warning that if left open the child might walk through it and fall in the pool and drown. Or perhaps the water company for supplying the water in the pool. Or the concrete company if the pool had been empty and the child fell in and cracked his head open.

Where does it end when someone won't take responsibility for their own stupidity?

·
3,246 Posts
I am more mad at the court system and ultimately the jury that will award her millions of dollars.

The verdict should be that she is sterilized to save her from making more stupid decisions with her children.

People need to wake up and take reponsibility for their own decisions.

Harsh? Maybe. But it is reality.

Brian

this is one of those times i could be on the jury to tell that lady its her fault she was a bad parent

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Buy them flowers and a card and then have them pay there own vet bills for there own dog since it came on your property.

Its a sad story but not your problem...On the flip side if your dog jumped the fence3 and attached the dogs on the leash I would say you are responsible for the vet bills...:)

·
Registered
483 Posts
I cought this on GMA this am. Unreal. I don't even see how people can blame otheres for something like this. Most doggy doors come with a block off, so it could have been closed for the night day, whenever it happen.

Andy
Platinum Marine
310-480-4285

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
It's a terrible tragedy anytime a child is hurt or dies. It's also negligence to not have taken better precautions to either properly isolate the child from the pool or better yet to teach the child to swim.

Both of my daughters were taught to swim in a pool before they could actually walk. The key is to teach them early and in a way that they won't panick if they were to fall in.

The idiot lawyer showing how his kid could crawl through the pet door is ridiculous in light of this tragedy and shows him for what he is, a grandstanding ambulance chaser making a spectacle.......:|err A pet door is not different than any other door or window from the standpoint it is a way in and a way out of the house and must be secured as such. Lawsuits cannot make up for a lack of common sense.

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
I may have said it a little harsher than what actually happened, I asked her if there was anything I could do to help (I am thinking like help fix the fence) please let me know. Well she mentioned the vet bill and how she could not afford it. She lives in a little house on her moms property and the mom helps her with food and such, her boyfriend has either left her or taken another job out of country again. And yes I am thinking maybe I will help her with half in installments over next couple of months, but if I give her money do I imply I am responsible legally and she comes after more? I also have to consider if I don't will some other members of her family feel I am a fockhead to their little sister and decide my dogs are a target. by saying I want to make things right I mean I want to have a neighborly relationship and not some family feud as often happens now a days.

What exactly are you thinking you should do here? Are you thinking of paying the vet bill?

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
This is complete BS, My 115 pound girlfirend was able to get through a doggy door when my buddy locked his keys in the house. When a drunk woman has to pee they can do anything! :D

I bet the government will have to step in and soon ban doggie doors.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
.....this has me thinking.

I should sue every shoe company out there for not warning me that if my shoes become untied I can possibly trip, fall and hurt myself or possible kill myself or even another unaware innocent victim around me. There should be a warning in the box. Im calling my lawyer!:(:(

1 - 20 of 33 Posts